REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
blanked

What’s your favorite big city

Ben Hong

I live on the shores of a Canadian lake, just to establish what my preferences are. But once in a while I get the urge to experience some cultural stimulation that would serve as a counterpoint to the things that country life offers. Some of my favourite cities are Hong Kong, Singapore, Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal and Boston.

mccuha

Like others have stated. I dislike big cities. I’m a small town kind of guy. I like the history that goes with Charleston but dislike the crowds. I would have to say Amarillo just because it’s very close to some of my favorite areas to bird hunt and close striking distance to other states I like to bird hunt in

MTRookie76

Boston and San Diego are at the top of my list.

ruff hunter

I don’t know if Greeneville, South Carolina counts, but it’s a very cool city!!!

100k doesn't come anywhere near what I'd call big. 

I live right outside Tulsa. I like it a lot, but I think of it as a small city... 

Houston area is home. 

Cooter Brown

Silly me.  This is my favorite Big City.

It was also one of the songs my old Rebel dog loved.  Here he is singing along with it on the stereo.  There were certain songs Rebel latched onto and Big City was one of them.

5a7fae530b160_RebelSingingjpeg.thumb.jpg.0516a72111cf4a284c65e054848cd6f1.jpg

Uplander

Paris, France.

Zoli 16ga.

ln no particular order, and places I would live in.....New York city, Toronto, Halifax, Paris, Old Quebec City, Vancouver, Banff.

Neat cities....Kathmandu, Hong Kong, Cairo, Las Vegas, 

atticus

I used to say London was my favorite but Florence now has my vote. Cape Town is great too.  Hong Kong may be the most interesting city I've ever been too--total Sensory overload!

Zoli 16ga.

My son absolutely loved Florence. I have yet to visit. 

quailguy

Munich, hands down.

Lincoln, UK is pretty nice too, although a few local villages have to be added in to get to 100,000. Lovely cathedral, but not a big city at all. And excellent wood pigeon shooting right there, as well as some decent driven shoots. A walk upon the walls on a nice summer day and then the nearest pub....

Don Steese

I kinda like the excitement and stimulation of a big town every now and then. Haven't been there for many years but loved New Orleans for the music, history, food and culture. Ottawa is a very nice place as is Vancouver. I'd love to visit Quebec City too. Wife and I enjoyed the Phoenix area this past winter and are looking forward to exploring it further. Don't know if there are 100,000 people, but Merida is a lovely colonial Mexican city.  

Dakota Dogman

Omaha Nebraska has a zoo that I will take the kids too.

I will put up with Minneapolis St Paul for the airport and a couple wood working stores. 

Paris was nice to visit. Douala Cameroon and Limbia were definite cultural experiences.

Lynchburg VA has my alma mater, and my kids are going there.

I don't need to go back to any of them for my sake.

God bless, 

idcut

I'm another who doesn't care for larger cities. A couple hundred thousand is about the limit of what I'm able to tolerate nowadays. I grew up in a small-town Idaho, traveled and lived in cities up to 20 million or thereabouts when I was younger and enjoyed the time spent in the various cities. As I've gotten older I've become much less tolerant of the traffic, rude people, hustle and bustle and crowded conditions of a large city.

The need for cultural stimulation certainly doesn't have any kind of hold on me at this stage in my life! 

Wirehair

Can someone explain to me what's so great about a big city?  Ah never mind....