REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
blanked

General tires unbeleivable tread life

blanked

Bought the general altimax 85,000 miles ago and i estimate i have another 10,000 left being conservative.  Tire rotations religiously every oil change for my Rav 4

River19

Agree.

All 3 of our vehicles now sport Generals including studded snows.

AT2s on both the Tundra and the GX470 and I just put X3s on the Ram 2500.

The Tundra has at least 65,000 miles on the AT2s and they look great still., another1/4" left

In comparison, my Nittos are made of #2 erasers by comparison

mccuha
4 hours ago, River19 said:

Agree.

All 3 of our vehicles now sport Generals including studded snows.

AT2s on both the Tundra and the GX470 and I just put X3s on the Ram 2500.

The Tundra has at least 65,000 miles on the AT2s and they look great still., another1/4" left

In comparison, my Nittos are made of #2 erasers by comparison

The one pair of nittos I had didn’t last long either. I liked them but due to tire life I want buy anymore.  

WMassGriff

I will check them out as my new to me 4Runner has Dunlop TrekAT20's that I don't think will cut it this hunting season. I've had good luck with Michelin LTX and Firestone Destination A/T on previous vehicles. Might even go the steel rim and studded snowtire route, but since I don't run snow packed roads in Maine anymore that probably isn't my first option.

Tim Frazier

I have bought 2 sets of tires for my Vibe which has 177,000 miles on it and was purchased with 42,000 miles on it.  135,000 miles split between a set of Ultimax Artics and a set of All Season Altimax tires.  Neither set will need replaced in the next 12 months. 

WI Outdoor Nut

I just put my third set of alitmax on.  1st one car was in an accident after 60k miles and still looked great.  Last car sold with them on with about 40K. miles and sold the car indicating "great tread life" without any questions.  Just put them on my wife's Avalon and made the car feel like new.  I would expect nothing less than 60K miles, and would not be surprised to get 80K.  And they are reasonably priced. 

jeff88
18 hours ago, blanked said:

Bought the general altimax 85,000 miles ago and i estimate i have another 10,000 left being conservative.  Tire rotations religiously every oil change for my Rav 4

That is much better than any set of tires I've ever owned.  I rotate. align and balance every 5k with the oil change and have never gotten better that 80k even with LTXs.  Good going!

topdog1961

I got 100k from a set of old school BFG Radial TA car tires on a small Nissan Pickup almost 20 years ago. I don't remember a lot of rotating going on. And I've never been able to duplicate that since. 

Auto-5

I put a set on my last vehicle. I traded it before they wore out but I liked them . Smooth quite ride. Nice tires. 

snapt

I run the Arctic Altimax come winter and for the price have been very happy with their performance and tread life.