REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Dogwood

Show us your boat!

steveziv

And the "duck boat" last fall with a fresh coat of paint and the blind frame installed.

OphlVsl.jpg

quailguy
3 hours ago, Flairball said:

Okay. Technically not mine, but I did call her home for a few years. 

F7F5420B-95E1-429B-ACF1-D15CA3A30BB0.jpeg

WHAT !!??? Is that a Coast Guard Cutter with an Excocet launcher fwd and a CIWS aft by the heli deck??

GB Jack

She’s sturdy 

C93A3364-9C31-438B-AB72-E989B41A22CB.jpeg

SODAKer

14' V hull that my dad gave to my 10 year old son. Kid prepped and painted and named it "Red Pepper".  I put a 9.8 Tohatsu  on it so that he could run it as a kid can run a boat with less than a 10hp. 

TXUtJXi.jpg

mccuha

10’ canoe and a 18’ aluminum duck boat with a pro drive motor. That’s about it

mccuha
6 hours ago, Flairball said:

Just pumped it up. Going on it’s maiden voyage tonight. 

6DEADF99-8BB0-41C2-8466-895E8212914A.jpeg

I’ve got one but never used to fish out of. Believe it or not I bought it to duck hunt out of when we hunted in Louisiana in the gulf area. It worked really well.  How is it fishing out of vs a small boat like a canoe 

MUSTANGER7

Designed it to fly fish and jigger pole fish from, 14 ft easily fits in garage as the trailer tongue folds, 10 hp four stroke so not really fast.

IMG_3699.JPG

IMG_3701.JPG

Snipeaholic

With my first mate.

1254893766_BoatEmory.thumb.jpg.81e27e15b099b030e761034db7bcb61f.jpg

Flairball
2 hours ago, quailguy said:

WHAT !!??? Is that a Coast Guard Cutter with an Excocet launcher fwd and a CIWS aft by the heli deck??

Harpoon missles forward, and yes, CIWS aft. We also had deck launched torpedos mid ship. 

Flairball
1 hour ago, mccuha said:

I’ve got one but never used to fish out of. Believe it or not I bought it to duck hunt out of when we hunted in Louisiana in the gulf area. It worked really well.  How is it fishing out of vs a small boat like a canoe 

Fishing was interesting. Took a bit to get used to casting so close to the water, but really comfortable way to enjoy fishing and being on the water. I’ve got a fried who has done a lot of duck hunting  from a float tube. I’ll probably give it a try. 

quailguy
7 minutes ago, Flairball said:

Harpoon missles forward, and yes, CIWS aft. We also had deck launched torpedos mid ship. 

Good ! Every US warship needs real teeth. I wrote exocet but meant harpoon. 

All that cutter needed was some surface to air missile coverage to really go in harm's way. Good deal!

dgfavor

TheHog2.jpg

Dogwood
15 hours ago, Treerooster said:

Not much...but I have a lot of fun with it.

P5150103.JPG

Teal on Res.jpg

Poke Boat yes?

topdog1961
17 hours ago, Flairball said:

Just pumped it up. Going on it’s maiden voyage tonight. 

6DEADF99-8BB0-41C2-8466-895E8212914A.jpeg

I float fished one of these down the Russell Fork river of the Breaks Interstate Park of KY-VA-WV a few years back. OMG beautiful place. We didn't wear fins because we assumed there would be plenty of current. But soon after launching we hit a big, deep, long hole that took one hour to float through. It was July but the water was so cold I was hypothermic when I crawled out after that hole. I couldn't stop shaking as I fished the shoals at the end of it. The rest of the trip was fantastic as we'ed float the rapids and stop in the warm sun to fish smallies, rock bass, and rainbows from the rocks. Helluva trip and highly recommended. But guys, keep your legs crossed when shooting the rapids. 😫

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Treerooster
2 hours ago, Dogwood said:

Poke Boat yes?

Yep. It's their Maxi model which is a bit wider than the regular one. Got it in 2001.

Its pretty light and I can carry it a good ways to get back into some secluded waters. Sometimes I will hide right in among my decoys and the ducks will land right by me. Not the best position for shooting but pretty cool to experience.