• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MAArcher

• Dogwood

• topdog1961

• Flairball

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not much...but I have a lot of fun with it.

Modified myself for my daughters wedding.    

I clearly picked the wrong profession.

Posted Images

13 hours ago, salmontogue said:

2000 Hydrasports LTS 212 with 2000 Evinrude 150 fuel injected and an Evinrude 15 mounted on a hydraulic bracket used for trolling either with planer boards or with two Cannon Digitrol downriggers with their own depth transponder.  This boat has no wood and the entire structure, cockpit, hull and stringers are Kevlar reinforced, hence a 20 year hull warranty.  Electronics include Raytheon sonar with down, side and front scan, a Raytheon GPS and a Raytheon marine radio.  I also have a Garmin GPS and radar.  A front mounted Minnkota 24 volt Genesis trolling motor with self-deploy, autopilot and course correction completes the package.  There is a power pole mounted front casting seat that can be installed and removed easily on the front deck.  This is a wonderful boat for fly fishing, trolling and casting.  There are two large aerated live wells and two insulated fish/food boxes.  Fully loaded, wot is about 50 mph although I seldom run it that fast.  It is a stable, predictable safe and comfortable ride.  Fuel consumption is reasonable, tank capacity is about 100 gallons.  The gross weight with a tandem axle trailer is about 8000#, this is a stoutly built boat. I bought this boat new and it has been trouble free.

The photo below is a Hydrasports stock photo (identical to my own boat) which gives a great perspective of the interior layout, much better than I could photograph.  Note the power pole socket on the front deck.  This boat has never touched salt water.  My dad, whose sole hobby was salt water cruising and fishing, owned a series of boats starting with several Grady-White boats in the upper twenty to mid thirty foot range and culminated after his retirement in a Post sportfisherman and, finally, a Hatteras sport fish.  The larger boats were a PIA and well beyond anything I would care or could afford to own.  My theory is that anything that cannot be towed behind a one ton pickup is probably too large, at least for me.

This is probably too much information but I thought someone might be interested.

Perk

hydrasports 22.png

The fish otta just stick up their fins and jump in your boat when you put that in the water. 

14 hours ago, salmontogue said:

2000 Hydrasports LTS 212 with 2000 Evinrude 150 fuel injected and an Evinrude 15 mounted on a hydraulic bracket used for trolling either with planer boards or with two Cannon Digitrol downriggers with their own depth transponder.  This boat has no wood and the entire structure, cockpit, hull and stringers are Kevlar reinforced, hence a 20 year hull warranty.  Electronics include Raytheon sonar with down, side and front scan, a Raytheon GPS and a Raytheon marine radio.  I also have a Garmin GPS and radar.  A front mounted Minnkota 24 volt Genesis trolling motor with self-deploy, autopilot and course correction completes the package.  There is a power pole mounted front casting seat that can be installed and removed easily on the front deck.  This is a wonderful boat for fly fishing, trolling and casting.  There are two large aerated live wells and two insulated fish/food boxes.  Fully loaded, wot is about 50 mph although I seldom run it that fast.  It is a stable, predictable safe and comfortable ride.  Fuel consumption is reasonable, tank capacity is about 100 gallons.  The gross weight with a tandem axle trailer is about 8000#, this is a stoutly built boat. I bought this boat new and it has been trouble free.

The photo below is a Hydrasports stock photo (identical to my own boat) which gives a great perspective of the interior layout, much better than I could photograph.  Note the power pole socket on the front deck.  This boat has never touched salt water.  My dad, whose sole hobby was salt water cruising and fishing, owned a series of boats starting with several Grady-White boats in the upper twenty to mid thirty foot range and culminated after his retirement in a Post sportfisherman and, finally, a Hatteras sport fish.  The larger boats were a PIA and well beyond anything I would care or could afford to own.  My theory is that anything that cannot be towed behind a one ton pickup is probably too large, at least for me.

This is probably too much information but I thought someone might be interested.

Perk

hydrasports 22.png

Hydrasports are great boats why they went out of business is beyond me.

16 hours ago, Yukon1 said:

Modified myself for my daughters wedding.

OtdCGFLfJd1762BLicvkv_G1PkiKpBFPRZJDlnMzMAH3liYFClj7QDzV5qljX9zFsy5QL_ParXXwnbtJsA0puT9tkPueBki6R1oqcUimSJkPiMRS1BbrHQGWH3sIDD-2v2sR-2u7jpOQk5Y7k8RXY9_CLHxNHRzKAN3CAwR8x0eCvMgPFAf82HpckDL-B4gfA4MSzA2d7miRFYI2X0kNcUu0LO2GcAPNsMX-IJJgpqbk-n6cSCL_7ZcX-7cKCr8R44P05N9F8R_5uYlRF-1zm4yenVecJSCISmfSBc1Bzy2rLpSMWtXg1nNkQt0EayAZutya1yhr3EiYtSnrDJlq2O1trexJwboKX6StbRDghoh6RJ7XiSWbB_-FktGflRL0ZPc8L1ezaaxFYJSz1PY1t-lSdb-Dx8w_8E_Wr-Zimu_lXS-KhS22dREaCXrODq-b-V3L1PqaCjqOWrnRQoMUO-1fYA1FXziPftv_UwGNiVhRtjQNSdwuKnaWGuZ8B3Rqr_9jUxUvrPqSgsSL60QMu4zG1zJIlH4BGUb699WtyKpJunB53pzBtYQCs91MwPgsN6KWJG_lxaJUly2hyMpafZa55RwOpkhURiKPmTQ=w640-h619-no

This looks like it should be in a bridal magazine or a beer ad - can't decide.  Fantastic idea and picture.  

Here's my version of the green canoe ^ , an Old Town.  My brother is keeping my Hobie Cat from the late '70's in Destin.  Used to have a white water kayak that is long gone.  Am thinking about getting a paddle board, have used them on vacations and they are a lot of fun.

With all those pictures of fantastic fishing boats, why is Brad the only one holding a fish?  😎

20180726_095702.jpg

Sold my 16 ft Boat when I quit working the Bloodhound (it was set up for the Dog to work from for recovery work).  Should have kept it.  It was a great boat.  Just last month I was given a 12 ft Ouachita Aluminum Fishing Boat.  It is perfect for the lakes at the cabin.  Just some clean up because it has been unused for 5 years...But it sat on the water for a day last weekend with no leaks so that's good and the price was right.

thumbnail_20180630_133201[1].jpg

WI Outdoor Nut

I was hesitant to post, but it looks like I am not the only one with a "boat problem" as my wife calls it.  She put her foot down and said I can't have another watercraft without getting rid of one.

-Skeeter WX2100 - 300 horse Yamaha 4.2 off shore, T9.9, Lowrance electronics all around.  36 volt Minn Kota Terrova autopilot.  cannon downriggers.  Main all around boat including most of the family boating.

-Bayliner 2252 - 4.3 merc, 4 electric downriggers, lowrance electronics.  Slipped on lake MI for salmon and trout. 

-Landue 1470 - 25 horse merc, minn kota Trolling motor.  Lowrance electronics.  My shallow water boat and duck hunting rig.  Also had a Mud Buddy long tail 24 horse on it, but sold that as I don't duck hunt nearly what I use to.

-3 Kayaks ranging from 10-16' in length

-Sailfish Sailboat.

-12' flatbottom.  Used mostly for putting in and taking out the dock. 

This was my flats boat a Maverick HPX that I used here on the flats around Homosassa, Everglades and many other back county areas of Florida. As they say down here it would rin in spit, actually drafted 5 in and would run in 12 in, great boat just couldn't pole it any more with shoulder problems and other old age concerns.

britt on maverick.JPG

I can't believe I don't have a picture of my boat. I have the same rig as Mustanger and the same shoulder pains too.

This is my second Maverick HPX- roughly 2,500 days spent in that set-up.

So I've actually got a total of 4 boats, but only 1 real powerboat. We have (2) Wilderness Systems Pungo kayaks and (1) Old Town square stern canoe.  I've been doing a bit more kayak fishing since Jen has been telling me I need to exercise more.  As an added bonus, I am more likely to get a hall pass from domestic duties if I fish under the auspices of exercise.

Our powerboat is a 19' Sea Pro walkaround, the "Lucky Lewsea".  We bought this about 13 or 14 years ago.  I've put a bunch of hours on it fishing in the Severn River, Chesapeake Bay, the South River, and points in between.  I do a lot of fishing for perch and stripers around here.  We just moved last year to a neighborhood that has a marina right on the South River near Annapolis and I'm loving it.  Weather permitting, I get out and fish or crab 2 or 3 times a week during the spring, summer, and fall until bird hunting picks up in November.  The neighborhood marina is a great deal..the amount we pay per year for the slip is some small fraction of what it would cost elsewhere, and better yet, the price stays the same regardless of boat size.  I have 3-5 years till I buy the next boat...but the wheels are turning.  I'm eyeballing Parkers, Judge, C Hawk, and others...I've really enjoyed the convenience of keeping tackle and such in the cabin so I think I'll have a hard time moving away from the walkaround style although I would love the space of a center console.  Decisions decisions...

Trev

e17vro.jpg

Warning.  Some inappropriate language but funny if you like Saturday Night Live.

Our 18 foot Lund Alaskan with a 50 hp Mercury 4 stroke. My son and I own it together, though he seems to use it more than I do. He calls it the Lunker Sled.

As near as a go anywhere boat that I can find!

IMG_2369.JPG

15 minutes ago, Millriver said:

Our 18 foot Lund Alaskan with a 50 hp Mercury 4 stroke. My son and I own it together, though he seems to use it more than I do. He calls it the Lunker Sled.

As near as a go anywhere boat that I can find!

IMG_2369.JPG

Nice boat.  I've been searching for months for 18'+ duck boat that can pull double duty as a fair weather striper boat.  There are not a lot of boats like the Lund Alaskan.  Its a bitter bill though when you think of how much glass boat you can get for the same money.  I'm starting to look at center console flats boats / skiffs as an alternative.

4 hours ago, MAArcher said:

Nice boat.  I've been searching for months for 18'+ duck boat that can pull double duty as a fair weather striper boat.  There are not a lot of boats like the Lund Alaskan.  Its a bitter bill though when you think of how much glass boat you can get for the same money.  I'm starting to look at center console flats boats / skiffs as an alternative.

Thanks. It allows me to fish my favorite water, the CT River, and still fish the big lakes up north. Would love a flats boat to striper fish the bays on the Cape and Rhode Island.  Our boat actually came with a pop up duck blind, but I sold it since I've never been a waterfowl hunter.

It is crazy what a new Lund costs. Keep looking, there's plenty of used ones. Fall is a great time to buy.  Good luck with your search.