Show us your boat!

On 7/24/2018 at 9:46 PM, SODAKer said:

14' V hull that my dad gave to my 10 year old son. Kid prepped and painted and named it "Red Pepper".  I put a 9.8 Tohatsu  on it so that he could run it as a kid can run a boat with less than a 10hp. 

TXUtJXi.jpg

Earl, could you please send me a good picture/portrait of your lad. I haven’t seen a pic in a couple of years. Thanks!

Some time ago, I installed a 38 lb thrust MinnKota on my 16.5 Chestnut Prospector copy (canoe).It took me 4 sets of nuts and bolts, 2 pcs. Of 2x4 and 30 minutes of my time. With only me in the canoe, the thing will plane and create a foamy wake!!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MAArcher

• Dogwood

• topdog1961

• Flairball

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not much...but I have a lot of fun with it.

Modified myself for my daughters wedding.    

I clearly picked the wrong profession.

Posted Images

On 7/25/2018 at 12:20 PM, Bluegill68 said:

Best $350 I have ever spent.

Picture 207.jpg

Picture 197.jpg

Is that a Kee-O-Wee?

A 1992 Sturdee Boat of Rhode Island, Amesbury Dory 16. I have had this since 1995 and do a lot of fishing around the Norwalk Island in LI Sound. It's great inside the islands when the wind is under 10mph and seas are 1' or less. In years past I didn't mind the pounding but now I don't go out unless it's calm so I'm looking for something bigger to cut through the chop and spend more time on the water. I'll probably keep it on the trailer for clamming and oystering though, a few years back my buddy and me caught a Dec.23 that was 60˚ and calm, we went out and loaded up on clams and oysters for Christmas Eve.

28qygls.jpg

Jakeismydog2

I have a 16' bass tracker its a 1987 with a 35 hp mercury. It sat for over a decade an all the wood rotted out. My buddy and I went through and replaced all the wood, and got the steering system working again (cable was locked up). We have taken it out locally, it is fine for small lakes on calm days. It is not suitable for kansas resevoirs even on "calm" days. I just got back this evening from taking my 2 daughters trout fishing on Taneycomo in missouri. It is a perfect setup for that lake.

I am going to need a bigger boat soon, my kids keep growing and this little fishing boat isn't going to cut it.

IMG_20180724_190324.jpg

1 hour ago, Recoil Rob said:

A 1992 Sturdee Boat of Rhode Island, Amesbury Dory 16. I have had this since 1995 and do a lot of fishing around the Norwalk Island in LI Sound. It's great inside the islands when the wind is under 10mph and seas are 1' or less. In years past I didn't mind the pounding but now I don't go out unless it's calm so I'm looking for something bigger to cut through the chop and spend more time on the water. I'll probably keep it on the trailer for clamming and oystering though, a few years back my buddy and me caught a Dec.23 that was 60˚ and calm, we went out and loaded up on clams and oysters for Christmas Eve.

28qygls.jpg

Perfection for close waters - pick your days "outside" - wish I still had the wooden Lowell Boat Works I had as a kid.  I may end up with one yet...

Winner of the ugly boat contest. 1989 Smokercraft 161 Magnum with an underpowered and unreliable 35hp mercy and a 6hp evinrude kicker/troller. Paid a grand for it and after many years and $$ in parts and headaches it finally runs right. It gets us out there anyway. Doesn’t always get us back though. 

Daughter and grandkids like to go fishing with gramps too. 

6A6227A0-EF72-499C-8463-9B73C4F8C9E8.jpeg

4255EBA6-8D2A-4F0A-BAB4-6A13D70C2AFB.jpeg

2001 18.5’ war eagle with a 115hp mercy saltwater.  Followed me home yesterday.  Couldn’t pass up the deal.  Hoping it makes a good salt marsh duck boat.

Wife is not impressed.  May have to live on it until things cool down.

5F716AA6-C8A7-4E2E-8D81-F62B7D4EDC31.jpeg

21 hours ago, Jakeismydog2 said:

I have a 16' bass tracker its a 1987 with a 35 hp mercury. It sat for over a decade an all the wood rotted out. My buddy and I went through and replaced all the wood, and got the steering system working again (cable was locked up). We have taken it out locally, it is fine for small lakes on calm days. It is not suitable for kansas resevoirs even on "calm" days. I just got back this evening from taking my 2 daughters trout fishing on Taneycomo in missouri. It is a perfect setup for that lake.

I am going to need a bigger boat soon, my kids keep growing and this little fishing boat isn't going to cut it.

IMG_20180724_190324.jpg

I had the exact boat, an 88 with 45 Merc throughout my kids childhood. It was a great boat. I fished and they skied and tubed behind it. Only when they got the size of teens did it get inadequate, and I sold it and bought the bigger Bass Tracker with a 125 on the first page of this thread. Not soon after, the terrible teen set in, and they didn't care for spending the weekends with dad on a boat. I love my bigger BT, but would be just as happy with the old one now that I only fish from it. 

23 hours ago, Recoil Rob said:

Is that a Kee-O-Wee?

RR,

Its is a Windward boatworks.  The model is called The duck Stalker. 

On 7/27/2018 at 8:25 PM, WPG Gizmo said:

Here is my current boat

IMG_2310.JPG

That rig is decked out!  Ever take it to Jappa flats and go for a Nantucket sleigh ride?

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 8:50 PM, Recoil Rob said:

28qygls.jpg

Spent a well spent youth around the Norwalk Islands and the CT coast, angling, spearfishing, clamming and pulling crab traps and lobster pots.