REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
ccavacini

How old

How old  

221 members have voted

1. 1. Reading through posts got me thinking of the age break down on Upland Journal

• 20-30
    • 31-41
    • 42-52
    • 53-63
    • 64-74
    • 75-80+

Jack L

2 minutes ago, Kansas Big Dog said:

I think there is a divide; those that saw the first moon landing live, and those that did not.

I was sitting in the sunken lobby of the Holiday Inn watching it on the TV there waiting for my mom to get off work.

ccavacini
10 hours ago, Kansas Big Dog said:

I think there is a divide; those that saw the first moon landing live, and those that did not.

To me it's been how many were alive when Kennedy was shot ?

walt lister
23 hours ago, Kansas Big Dog said:

Not only watched it live, from 1963 "till 1968 I was working in the Tooling Dept at North American Rockwell at both the Downey and Seal Beach plants. Spent a couple of days in Downey's clean room where the Apollo capsules were final assembled and at Seal Beach I worked on tooling for the second stage of the Saturn Missile. The clean room was interesting. The seven Apollo astronauts decided that one of them would be in the room 24/7  to observe and remind the workers that a live person's life was in their hands. Rusty Schweickart was in the room when I worked there.

I value the experience now much more than I did then as a callow youth!