REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Speaks

carrying your remote

Speaks

Hey guys, just got my new dogtra 2702. I would like a holster for it, ideally one that I can use on my belt regularly and also hook to a vest while hunting. I see options for the evo and for some tritronics setups but nothing for this unit. One could probably be made easily enough if needed but thought I would check. 

The belt clip is nice but not sure how confident I am that it will hold well enough. 

gunsrus

Gearkeeper , Zorro.com . Attach a gear keeper retractor to it and never worry again .

Curt
15 hours ago, gunsrus said:

Gearkeeper , Zorro.com . Attach a gear keeper retractor to it and never worry again .

X2, This is the answer.

Fire Marshal Bill

Which one do you guys prefer?

gunsrus
7 minutes ago, Fire Marshal Bill said:

Which one do you guys prefer?

Look for one that will attach to your strap vest via a screw in through the back . Next you decide how you want it attached to your unit . 

There are several variations . 

mccuha

I secure my transmitters using a locking caribiener and as well attach the lanyard to my vest. That way there is a back up.  Incase one were to fail. I do like some those holsters as well.  I may go to one at some point.  

Fire Marshal Bill

Thanks Al, Mike; it's just what I've been looking. Thanks again. 

bntsetter

FMB - I use them all the time (gearkeeper) except I use the Velcro strap and the screw in pin.  Belts and suspenders and all.

airmedic1

I use the GearKeeper with the pin and put some sticky Velcro on the back of the Astro remote and sew the other side of the Velcro on my off side shoulder strap on my vests that don't have a pocket for my remote.  I use the same setup for the e-collar only I place it lower so it doesn't interfere with my gun mount.  It holds them securely and if the do get brushed off in heavy cover the GearKeeper keeps me from losing them.

AM