REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
oatmeal

E-collar/gps buyback

mudbatt

Do you run both collars (Garmin & Dogtra t&b) on the dog together?  Interested in your set up.

Thanks!

Speaks

Interesting topic that I have been mulling over as well for how to run the new dog I am getting. I bought the t&b as a trainer/beeper but am considering adding an alpha or astro and running both together. Part of me thinks a 550 pro plus would have been the smarter buy but probably not anymore at this point. 

bobman

The 550 is a pain in the ass with multiple dogs I just bought one a couple weeks ago and ended up buying another updated pro 70

On the 550 flipping that lever up and down for each dog isn’t very user friendly it’s too easy to correct the wrong dog

The pro 70 is much better for training/ handling multiple dogs I  use it for around the house and for training and my alpha while hunting as cooter suggested 

the new new lights in the collars is a great safety feature and the tone is better than the older collars

my daughter only  has one dog I’m giving her the 550

bobman

Another thing I don’t like on the new Garmin systems is they went to a 3/4 inch collar that stretches when you are putting it on a strong wild ass pointer pup so it’s hard to adjust the tightness 

the previous  1 inch stiffer collars were way easier to use

bobman

Very Good deal in the trade section on a alpha 

dogrunner
On 10/6/2018 at 11:15 AM, mudbatt said:

Do you run both collars (Garmin & Dogtra t&b) on the dog together?  Interested in your set up.

Thanks!

I do and it works good for me.