REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Dave Erickson

TT15 advice

Dave Erickson

Boy I screwed up and it's getting to crunch time. I noticed my TT15 had a couple pending updates this summer, so in my usual style I plowed into the updates on my Garmin Express and messed up my collar because it's not compatible with a Mac computer. I called the Garmin people and they said, no problem, just do the updates on a PC computer and everything will be put right. So, my next problem is I don't know anyone around here with a PC. None of my friends run PC's anymore and my work is all Mac.  Got any ideas for the master of techy screwups? (other than read all the friggin directions!)

Minor rant, Garmin tells the TT15 Mini is comparable with a Mac, but not the TT15. Grrr!

Dave Erickson

Oh, never mind. I know what I have to do and that's beat the bushes for someone with a PC. I guess I just needed to rant a little. $%#&#@!!

Cooter Brown
On 10/2/2018 at 7:11 PM, Dave Erickson said:

Oh, never mind. I know what I have to do and that's beat the bushes for someone with a PC. I guess I just needed to rant a little. $%#&#@!!

I like Garmin and the Alpha but this is an annoying problem I've had to deal with since I got my mine.

Unfortunately they are not going to fix this issue.

I hope the PC update fixes your collar!

john mcg
5 minutes ago, Cooter Brown said:

I like Garmin and the Alpha but this is an annoying problem I've had to deal with since I got my mine.

Unfortunately they are not going to fix this issue.

I hope the PC upday fixes your collar!

Yup--they aren't interested in the Mac crowd--its a numbers thing.

Cooter Brown
4 hours ago, john mcg said:

Yup--they aren't interested in the Mac crowd--its a numbers thing.

Yeah, I can't really blame them.  At least they seemed to be aware of the issue and didn't let it become a problem with the Mini.

Dave Erickson

Got my TT15 straightened out finally! Someone mentioned that our local public library has PC's running Windows, so after an email and a quick visit my TT15 is updated. The Garmin tech was right and all it took was updating using a PC running Windows and everything is working as it should. Whew!

Cooter Brown
1 hour ago, Dave Erickson said:

Got my TT15 straightened out finally! Someone mentioned that our local public library has PC's running Windows, so after an email and a quick visit my TT15 is updated. The Garmin tech was right and all it took was updating using a PC running Windows and everything is working as it should. Whew!

I didn't even think of going to the library.  Great idea.

dvmweb

Just got a new tt15 today to replace a worn out broke tt10. Garmin said they didn’t have parts.

Seems to work just the same.