REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
RuffChaser

The GAV (Grouse Assault Vehicle)

RuffChaser

Some may have seen this on my post about my MN Grouse opener. I would like to formally introduce my new Grouse Assault Vehicle or GAV. For those that didn't see my post I purchased a new to me but used GMC Sierra. It is a full Crew Cab with a 6.5 foot bed. It has the All Terrain package and trailering option. It came with the topper, running boards, mud flaps, weather tec floor mats, etc. It also had a factory sprayed bed liner which is nice. They actually spray GMC into the bulkhead of the bed. It had just over 30k miles on it but basically looks brand new. It was a Canadian vehicle so it had to be converted over from metric so if i start using meters instead of yards and am changing out "y"s for "i"s and adding "u"s where they don't belong you'll know why.

I built a 4'x4'x9"tall storage system into it and have attached two dog crates to the top of it. I also bought a new 6" Garmin Drive GPS for using with my MNTrax chip. The MNTrax chip is a great tool. I use it for showing all the public lands in MN. I hunt a lot of County land and State Forest land. The county land isn't on traditional Gazeteer type maps. I will probably tweak a few things as I own it and see what I like/don't like but for now it's pretty sweet. It has way more options than i really need but the wife and my step-daughter appreciate them. I only drive it on weekends and occasionally during the week as I have a long daily commute but it's nice to drive and I really like it.

It's a bit of an upgrade from the 2004 Chevy Trailblazer we had. The TB had 254k+ miles and 4 deer kills under it's belt when I traded it in.

GAV-01.thumb.jpg.1f200b5bd0bef805b2067c71ff6d15ef.jpg

GAV-02.thumb.jpg.9cff5bbf2fafe354e6f0cff0fbf24c2f.jpg

GAV-03.thumb.jpg.23f2e200bf06832225e5e54a5f01971b.jpg

bmeador

Live that color! My GAV is almost packed and ready to go north!

20181003_114548.jpg

bmeador

Got plenty of dog storage room 

20181003_114608.jpg

bmeador

And after all this rain... Just in case.. 

20181003_114636.jpg

bmeador

And my good luck stickers 

20181003_114620.jpg

RuffChaser
14 minutes ago, bmeador said:

And my good luck stickers 

20181003_114620.jpg

I have a few stickers and others accessorizing to do as well. All in time. Since I apparently  hit lots of deer I am thinking about a cow catcher on the front. Possibly a winch but the wife already thinks it looks like an old man's truck and a winch may push her over the edge.

bmeador

LOL.  But if that winch gets her home once, she'll love it!!!!!

1 hour ago, bmeador said:

LOL.  But if that winch gets her home once, she'll love it!!!!!

But if not having one gets her another peaceful evening at home alone... 

RuffChaser
43 minutes ago, NECarson said:

But if not having one gets her another peaceful evening at home alone... 

Or telling her I couldn't come because I didn't have one gets me...