REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Dogmountain

New Garmin Pro 550 Plus Track and Train

Dogmountain

Garmin recently came out with an update to the Pro 550 that includes tracking capabilities.  The system utilizes the TT15 dog devices used with the Alpha 100.  We really like the ease in switching between dogs with this new system.  If you get a moment, check out this new track and train collar from Garmin.  You can actually run both handhelds at the same time with the TT15 collars.

The Garmin Pro 550 Plus Track and Train offers best in Class Dog Training with Simple GPS Tracking – Professional trainers and everyday dog owners can build a better dog with this simple and rugged training and tracking device.

• One-handed, no-look dog training for up to 3 dogs and at-a-glance tracking with a range of more than 2 miles
  • 2.5-second update rate provides faster location tracking when your dogs are on the run
  • Customize training for each dog with 18 levels of continuous and momentary stimulation, tone and vibration settings
  • At-a-glance directional tracking on the built-in display with GPS and GLONASS satellite reception shows which direction and how far away your dogs are
  • Easy pairing and setup with TT 15 dog devices for training and tracking or T 5 dog devices for tracking only
  • Pro550Plus_LRG-600x600.jpg

GraceinVA

If they had just added a beeper...

Bull

I wonder if it will work with the Fenix watch ?

BlacknTan

They moved the stim buttons out of their traditional positions. I'll stand pat.

Dogmountain

It does provide on point alerts and location but does not include the low frequency band that communicates with the beeper.  I don't use a beeper but can appreciate the different uses.  Some like to run a beeper with hawk scream on point to hold birds, but that can be done manually with a setting on the beeper.  The Garmin Pro 550 Plus does communicate with the Garmin Fenix Watches.

29 minutes ago, BlacknTan said:

They moved the stim buttons out of their traditional positions. I'll stand pat.

That's the beauty of the Pro series collars. You can operate them drunk and blindfolded. 

Moving the buttons invalidates all the muscle memory. 

bobman

I just purchased the 550 pro if i didn’t already have an alpha I would of bought the 550 plus

i would of preferred the simplicity I don’t use most of the alphas capability 

Ive been using tri tronics a70 for over twenty years changing the buttons hasn’t been difficult to learn