Help! Alpha tt15 collar lost!

8 minutes ago, jwc said:

The transmitter is on the dog, the handheld is the receiver.  As long as the handheld was on it should still show the last location the collar was, correct?try

Yes but if the handheld went dead before the collar was lost that wouldn't work. But worth a try

I'll turn mine on and it will show a distance to the last place I hunted.

30 minutes ago, jwc said:

The transmitter is on the dog, the handheld is the receiver.  As long as the handheld was on it should still show the last location the collar was, correct?

They are both essentially transceivers.

But you're right about the second part and that's a great idea.  If the handheld was on when the collar died it would show the last location.  Since the battery died on the handheld first, I think what it would show is where the collar was when the handheld died.  But definitely worth a shot.

Edit--Greg answered while I was typing.

So if a handheld dies you have to re-pair it with the collar? Otherwise I would think you just charge the handheld and go find it, or am I missing something?

11 hours ago, greg jacobs said:

Yes but if the handheld went dead before the collar was lost that wouldn't work. But worth a try

I'll turn mine on and it will show a distance to the last place I hunted.

That makes sense, but I admit I probably would not have thought about that on my own! Good tip to remember!!

It should show how far away it was. Not sure about the location if the collar is dead. 

Not sure how the Alpha works but I just turned on my Astro 320 and it shows the collars to be 289 miles away to where I turned them off last weekend when I did the annual upgrade.  I followed it "back" and it took me to my deck at our cabin.  Not sure exactly how close it would get me but I bet within 30'. I know that's a lot of area to search but at least it would get you close.

AM

The handheld went dead right at start of the walk. No biggie. Collar was low battery and went dead in time it took me to get back to house and get quick charge. Dumb mistake. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2018 at 6:06 PM, Cattail said:

Any ideas I appreciate. Took dogs out in woods for short walk. Batteries were near dead in transmitter but we were close so didn’t care. Well batteries die, no big deal. Until my Brit shows up and his collar slipped off! Not sure what the batteries were at on the collar so any ideas I’d appreciate it. 

What i I gather is I need to get within ten feet to relocate once I get a charge on my transmitter. I love the fall colors and leaves on the ground until you have a red collar lost. 

Thanks guys. 

You in New Jersey? Check out the general chat if so.