REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Jmrozinski

Getting cold...favorite bourbon?

Brad Eden
On 10/22/2018 at 9:08 PM, Jmrozinski said:

Looking for a winter night cap.  What’s good?

Nyquil

Mike Connally
3 hours ago, Brad Eden said:

Nyquil

Curmudgeon....

Minetohunt

Liking Larceny small batch. Smooth with spicy mid palette.  Sometimes the ice does enhance the flavor other times it becomes too diluted for my 72 yrs. aged taster. Woodford double aged has never disappointed. Lagavulin, distillers edition 2017 is a great scotch! Hot afternoons call for Patron with lemon and lime.

GSPpurist

I take a shot of Bird Dog Whiskey the night prior to the hunt for "Good Luck".   Seems to improve my shooting especially when compared to how well I shoot whilst sitting on my couch watching the news with the gun in the closet.  

Mike Connally

I thought it was time to revisit this. A new favorite is McKenna 10 year. Also Knob Creek Single Barrel at 120 Proof. 

If you are looking for an inexpensive daily drinker, try Very Old Barton 100 Proof. 

The best $13.99 bourbon you will ever find.  

B61E6B9C-6F5C-43E1-A693-57EF61239B97.jpeg

fishvik
On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 9:44 AM, RuffChaser said:

Not Bourbon but you could use it in place of the brandy in the following.  Heat up some Apple Cider with some mulling spice and add Apple Jack Apple brandy. A little lemon juice to cut down the sweetness. It's a great adult beverage when sitting in your garage on Halloween handing out candy. 

Ruff, we had a guy in the neighborhood with candy for the kids and a beer for the parent with them. I made kids Trick or Treat till they went off to college, so I could accompany them.:D:D

Spiller
1 hour ago, Mike Connally said:

B61E6B9C-6F5C-43E1-A693-57EF61239B97.jpeg

Beauty cabinet... I just drink Jim Beam or George Dickel, whatever is on sale...but I like the good stuff occasionally....

birdhuntervet

Mike, have you been down to Lovingston to the Virginia distilling company? They make a single (barley) malt that is just great. Casked in wine barrels. Worth the trip. It’s on rt 29.

Mike Connally
1 hour ago, birdhuntervet said:

Mike, have you been down to Lovingston to the Virginia distilling company? They make a single (barley) malt that is just great. Casked in wine barrels. Worth the trip. It’s on rt 29.

I had not heard of them. I could make a road trip. Do they make any bourbon? 

chilly460

Mike, that’s a nice stash.

I recently tried Four Roses single barrel and enjoyed that, so it’s been added to the rotation.

GraceinVA
12 hours ago, Mike Connally said:

I had not heard of them. I could make a road trip. Do they make any bourbon? 

No bourbon to my knowledge. Its just across the blue ridge mountains for me (I live on the west side in the valley). I hunt and train on woodcock in the area, so the breweries (more than can be named on 151) and distilleries make for a good stop before crossing the mountain on the way home.

Auto-5

While I’m not a real Bourbon drinker there are so many choices out there and so many are really pretty good that it’s not hard to come up with a good choice. For my taste buds Weller or Buffalo Trace are as good as any though if you feel a desire to splurge a little then the Woodford Reserve double oaked did actually stand out at the tasting when we toured the facility. I actually prefer Malt whiskeys to bourbon  but am really more of a beer guy than either . Hope I don’t get drummed out of Kentucky for admitting that.

Skybuster

Pierre turned me on to Wiser's 18yr old; expensive stuff. Fortunately I rarely drink the amber spirits preferring vodka.

Craig Doherty

I haul it back from Kentucky each spring by the case for a certain Evil Clowne who used to be a nuisance here on UJ.

383252677_gq7ccHtRw66AKNXrI45mA.thumb.jpg.5672bc5eabbf1152976825f2ec03f43f.jpg

sidepass
On 6/8/2019 at 3:55 AM, Brad Eden said:

Nyquil

That's mine these days! Lol