Getting cold...favorite bourbon?

Two Barrels

I enjoy Rye Whiskey and Bulleit Rye makes a very good Old Fashioned.

Sazerac Rye is Unobtanium in my area of SC.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mike Connally

• 1971snipe

• kgb

• Jalinkly

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have cheap tastes when it comes to Bourbon. I still think the Evan Williams Black Label drinks well out of its price range.   I took this photo last June for National Bourbon day  

In my circle of friends, drinking bourbon is euphemistically referred to as “sipping apple juice”. A gift from my son today:    

The man cave. Lots of dog doors.        

Posted Images

Michter's - the Straight or American are both fantastic, but if you can get the 10, 20, or (bless you, you wealthy son-of-a-biscuit) the 25, all other bourbons pale in comparison. 

Widow Jane 10 year old - none of the others, I've just had the 10, but wow. 

Blanton's - A few years ago, I was able to pick up a few bottles in Louisville for $35 a bottle. Haven't found it for less than $60 since, if I could find it at all.

Larceny - a go-to bourbon for Manhattans, Mint Juleps, or a traditional Old Fashioned. Really any cocktail with Bourbon, this is the stuff.

Buffalo Trace - an excellent and inexpensive bourbon, also great for inclusion in food preparation and has a bit of sweetness to it that makes for really tasty glazes and marinades. Perfectly acceptable to sip while preparing the meal also, I rather enjoy it.

• 3 weeks later...
SelbyLowndes

A buddy (?) borrowed my chamber and choke gauges and claims he lost them.  He showed up at the door yesterday with a brand new shiny set of Galazon gauges and a bottle of "Basil Hayden's" bourbon.  That stuff any good?  Is it worth forgiving him?...SelbyLowndes

SEPAlander

Was gifted a bottle of Smooth Ambler Contradiction, might not replace my favorites but very drinkable $45 bottle.

1971snipe
20 minutes ago, SelbyLowndes said:

A buddy (?) borrowed my chamber and choke gauges and claims he lost them.  He showed up at the door yesterday with a brand new shiny set of Galazon gauges and a bottle of "Basil Hayden's" bourbon.  That stuff any good?  Is it worth forgiving him?...SelbyLowndes

Forgiveness is a personal thing, and up to you.  But Basil Hayden's is a pretty good drink.  

Mike Connally

I’m new to bourbon but I think I’ll have something out of my modest collection tonight. 

E342D26E-5BE5-4AAA-9577-D4093DAE0CF7.jpeg

52 minutes ago, Mike Connally said:

I’m new to bourbon but I think I’ll have something out of my modest collection tonight. 

Mike, can I come over and watch the game tonight?  

3 hours ago, SelbyLowndes said:

My buddy’s favorites; Blantons and Basil Hayden. 

6 hours ago, SelbyLowndes said:

Sipping the last of a bottle during the game.  I would say he is square.  All gone from the stores here for the year. 

munsterlander
On 12/4/2018 at 5:10 PM, gordy said:

Cold night, the best whisky is not a bourbon but a scotch whiskey. Laphroaig . Nothing wrong with bourbon but Laphroaig pairs with cold weather

I just bought a bottle of Laphrohaig 16 for a gift for a friend a couple days ago.  $139 out the door locally in WA.  

salmontogue
6 hours ago, Mike Connally said:

Mike, can I come over and stay for a year?

Perk

• 3 weeks later...

In my circle of friends, drinking bourbon is euphemistically referred to as “sipping apple juice”.

A gift from my son today:

7BD9DA91-380D-4FD3-979C-F246E0509699.jpeg