gunsrus

NFL

Clueless1
16 minutes ago, Tracker 6 said:

Browns fan here , they are at least twice as good as they were last year.LOL

Radio guy here in Pgh says "Just like the Browns.  Wait til the guy is in the midst of his best season and fire him!"

Made me chuckle.

jeff88
On 10/30/2018 at 12:48 PM, Clueless1 said:

Radio guy here in Pgh says "Just like the Browns.  Wait til the guy is in the midst of his best season and fire him!"

Made me chuckle.

Driving around PGH on Monday PM then on Sunday morning was fun - got to hear a bunch of the the radio hosts.  Is Mark Madden mellowing?  He seemed less abrasive.

Clueless1
6 minutes ago, jeff88 said:

Driving around PGH on Monday PM then on Sunday morning was fun - got to hear a bunch of the the radio hosts.  Is Mark Madden mellowing?  He seemed less abrasive.

Maybe.  He's one that just irritates me to hear his voice so in the interest of my blood pressure I mostly turn it when hes on.

MUSTANGER7
On 10/30/2018 at 7:30 AM, BlacknTan said:

No NFL for me... No Nike for me... Nuff said!

Semper Fi

Dave in Maine
53 minutes ago, Clueless1 said:

Maybe.  He's one that just irritates me to hear his voice so in the interest of my blood pressure I mostly turn it when hes on.

I miss Myron Cope.

Yoi.

WPG Gizmo

I was a long time Pats fan but last year when all the kneeling around week 3-4 started I stopped watching and I find that I dont miss it one bit I have better things to do with the extra time I have now.

The NFL is it keeps heading down this path is going to be in dire straights fans are not going to games TV ratings are way down all things that bring them money they will reach a point where they either fall off the cliff or pull themselves back I see them falling off the cliff

YMMV

steveziv

My favorite teams are the Raiders, Ravens and Browns, all of whom are not doing well this year.  The Browns are playing tough but I don't get the chance to watch them here in MD.  Truth is my interest in the NFL has waned and there are much better things to do in the Fall than watch TV.  I typically get more interested once the playoffs are near.

john mcg
On 10/30/2018 at 8:39 AM, john mcg said:

Brady vs. Rodgers soon.

🙂

And it was a good game!

john mcg

I was in Hampton Roads for 12 years. During that time, it was fun to be a Skins fan.

Riggins, Theismann and the Hogs.

But the Sox and the Pats are America's teams.

🙂

chilly460

I love football but find myself less and less interested in the NFL.  Just too many penalties that effect the outcome, too many rules to benefit the offense, the product has been diluted.  I don't mind that they've taken some of the physicality out of the game, but the way the penalties can slant the momentum is over the top.  

dogrunner
3 hours ago, chilly460 said:

I love football but find myself less and less interested in the NFL.  Just too many penalties that effect the outcome, too many rules to benefit the offense, the product has been diluted.  I don't mind that they've taken some of the physicality out of the game, but the way the penalties can slant the momentum is over the top.  

Watch the Patriots you will hardly see any penalties. 👀

gaberdeen
On 10/30/2018 at 8:39 AM, Clueless1 said:

Don't feel bad for the Bills.  The Browns just fired head coach and OC.  The 6th in a row to be fired after losing the second game in a season against the Steelers.  I can't even imagine being a Browns fan at this point.  They never do anything right.  

Try being a Jets fan. :(

Mike da Carpenter
On 10/30/2018 at 7:30 AM, BlacknTan said:

No NFL for me... No Nike for me... Nuff said!

Once it turned into politics, I turned it off.  When people ask if I “Watched the Game”, I reply with I’ll watch a game when they take the letter “F” out of the word “Way”.  Very few get it, but the ones who do usually smile.

salmontogue
4 hours ago, WPG Gizmo said:

I was a long time Pats fan but last year when all the kneeling around week 3-4 started I stopped watching and I find that I dont miss it one bit I have better things to do with the extra time I have now.

The NFL is it keeps heading down this path is going to be in dire straights fans are not going to games TV ratings are way down all things that bring them money they will reach a point where they either fall off the cliff or pull themselves back I see them falling off the cliff

YMMV

I could not have said this better.  I am weary from watching a bunch of overpaid politically motivated crybabies who add little value to our world and suck the fun out of it at the same time.  If I want politics, I can watch the fake news, a group that wouldn't know reality if it was positioned immediately off the end of their collective noses.  How nice is it that dogs could care less about politics?  If the NFL failed I might hoist a libation.  Sad when there is pleasure in another"s failure.  I am not that kind of person but the NFL has pushed me in that direction and that is my failure.

Perk

dogrunner
52 minutes ago, gaberdeen said:

Try being a Jets fan. :(

Glad I"m  Not a Lions fan.