NFL

Craig Doherty
On 10/30/2018 at 1:22 PM, DennisMcFeely said:

I'm a NY Giants and NY Yankees fan.

I knew there was something off about you when you were up here . . . now I understand . . . They only NY team I ever liked (didn't hate) was the Knicks . . . especially in the Ewing days . . . but then Patrick went to HS in Cambridge. ;)

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeff88

• dogrunner

• john mcg

• gunsrus

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No NFL for me... No Nike for me... Nuff said!

Same here.  My secret to enjoying sports is to not take the players seriously.  As a former athlete I have been in many a locker room and on many a long bus ride where I wish I could have recorded som

Between Watching that game and the crappy lions game I had time to cook you a little something.  

Steeler fans, it took 12 minutes after Big Ben scored for me to breathe again.  Every year that the Steeler's have gone to the SB, they have had a game where they pulled it out with only seconds remaining after getting pummeled all game long like the one today.

Jacksonville fans, that was a very tough game to watch but when the Jags ridiculously outplayed PGH in the 1st half and only had 9 points to show after they utterly dominated PGH, thought that was a bad omen for their 2nd half.  Turns out it was only a bad omen for Q4.  

Yeah that was a cardiac win. Especially on that final drive when it looked like Ben threw a pickoff in the endzone, but then it got called back for Jags face masking, giving Steelers 1st and goal with just seconds left in the game.

4 hours ago, jeff88 said:

Steeler fans, it took 12 minutes after Big Ben scored for me to breathe again.  Every year that the Steeler's have gone to the SB, they have had a game where they pulled it out with only seconds remaining after getting pummeled all game long like the one today.

Jacksonville fans, that was a very tough game to watch but when the Jags ridiculously outplayed PGH in the 1st half and only had 9 points to show after they utterly dominated PGH, thought that was a bad omen for their 2nd half.  Turns out it was only a bad omen for Q4.  

I thought it was over at halftime . Never count Ben out .

13 hours ago, gunsrus said:

I thought it was over at halftime . Never count Ben out .

Yup, his resume is full of last minute wins and comebacks.  But Pat fans know all about that, seems like good teams just know how to come from behind.  "The Butler did it!" is exhibit A.  Meanwhile, one of the most stalwart Steeler fan's that I know keeps yelling at the TV to tell Ben to win in the 3rd quarter, not the 4th!   

I was pretty happy I'd decided not to run up to the local sports bar to watch the game.  At least for the first 58 mins of the game clock.  Almost turned off the (internet) radio broadcast but decided to stay on for the bitter end.  Not all of those comebacks have succeeded.

I guess the Chiefs vs Rams lived up to the hype . I've never witnessed so many points put on the board !

9 hours ago, gunsrus said:

I guess the Chiefs vs Rams lived up to the hype . I've never witnessed so many points put on the board !

One of the best NBA games of the year thus far!  

Lions looked typical by losing to a QB nobody has heard of and hasn’t played very much. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully the lions tank it today to move up in the draft, maybe get a qb that is a winner. 

Topic edited/moderated. No disrespect intended...and totally understandable...WE DO GET IT. But, can we Please let those who still like to watch and enjoy a football game have their Topic without veering it into the flames. Thank you. 

Patriots were an embarrasment yesterday. I'm glad I'm on a time out from them and don't care. And not because of the usual....just sick of the Brady Belichick show.

I'll watch when there is nothing to do. Pittsburg is the team I root for. generally just watch the playoffs in most sports as the regular season rarely matters. the games are of higher quality, particularly in hockey during the playoffs.

3 hours ago, Brad Eden said:

Patriots were an embarrasment yesterday. I'm glad I'm on a time out from them and don't care. And not because of the usual....just sick of the Brady Belichick show.

I did not know there was such a sickness for the local area(s), thought it was for fans of the teams N.E. beat, especially at playoff time.