NFL

Well, you can't ask for more of a constrast between QB's with Pats and Chiefs, that's for certain.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeff88

• dogrunner

• john mcg

• gunsrus

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No NFL for me... No Nike for me... Nuff said!

Same here.  My secret to enjoying sports is to not take the players seriously.  As a former athlete I have been in many a locker room and on many a long bus ride where I wish I could have recorded som

Between Watching that game and the crappy lions game I had time to cook you a little something.  

13 hours ago, john mcg said:

K.C. is gonna be tough. Should be a knuckle biter.

They usually are the King of choke. 

13 hours ago, gunsrus said:

Championship games should be spectacular . it's anybody's day !!

Al, en route to WC hunting in the late AM yesterday, I was listening to ESPN radio.  Before the game, the talking heads were all chiming in about how this NE team isn't as good as past teams and the Chargers were going to beat them.  Finally one of the heads spoke up and said:  "You realize that the NE QB is named Brady, right?"  Thankfully I didn't waste my time watching the Charger's Dee implode.  It all sounded like wishful thinking, then BAM!  As much as I am tired of the Pats in every AFC championship game, they do have a "Brady".  It will be the same next year too.  Sure KC could win, and I could stop trying to knock WC down by not swinging 4' behind them.  Odds are about the same...

Back in the day--the best football was the Joe and Jerry show. So much fun to watch those guys.

The Tom and Julian Show---Edelman is approaching Jerry's record.

I get the haters--whatever.

But ya just gotta love excellence whether football or dog work.

The Pats were as good yesterday as they've ever been, offensively anyway. A balanced attack, equal parts passing and running make them hard to defend. The defense bends but doesn't break. They'll be tough to beat, Brady looks focused this play-off season.

However, that KC team is awfully good, and Arrowhead will certainly be rocking, and the Pats haven't played well on the road. They'll have to contain Mahomes, who's a ball to watch. Should be a fun game to watch, glad it's the nightcap to what should be a fun day of watching football!

It may come down to KC's struggle with the running game that the Pat's can bring.

No predictions, but I suspect the kind of mix we saw yesterday. Keep the pressure on their defense and open up the mid-field for another passing clinic.

GRONK!

I'm from Winnipeg, Canada. In the 1970's, when I discovered NFL football, I had to pick a team to cheer for. At the time, most Winnipegers had a soft spot for Bud Grant's Vikings, as Grant had coached previously Winnipeg. However, Winnipeg (in the CFL) had had an explosive half back named Mack Herron. 5'5" and 200 pounds. He left Winnipeg and played for NE. His first year with the Pats he set an all NFL record for most ground yards by any means.

The Pats have been my team ever since and I'm looking forward to watching Brady et al pull another Super Bowl out of the hat.

What was it , the first seven passes of Brady’s were to a running back? The other 14 were runs? I’m never going to knock the  longevity or win ability of one Tom brady. But let’s not act like he’s dropping 15-20 yard dimes through tight windows. His passes downfield are to the largest and most prolific TE in the history of the game. The greatness ( in my opinion) of one Tom brady is he’s not arrogant enough to play for stats. He is the absolute king of the checkdoen, always has been. The checkdown, wins football games. A lot of them. Especially combined with a great defense. I have no doubt they can go into Kansas City as win next week, although they haven’t won a road playoff game in like 9 years?  That’s also astounding to me. 

2 hours ago, john mcg said:

Back in the day--the best football was the Terry and Lynn. So much fun to watch those guys.

Glad to be of service.  I mean, what did you expect from an 88?

26 minutes ago, GB Jack said:

What was it , the first seven passes of Brady’s were to a running back? The other 14 were runs? I’m never going to knock the  longevity or win ability of one Tom brady. But let’s not act like he’s dropping 15-20 yard dimes through tight windows. His passes downfield are to the largest and most prolific TE in the history of the game. The greatness ( in my opinion) of one Tom brady is he’s not arrogant enough to play for stats. He is the absolute king of the checkdoen, always has been. The checkdown, wins football games. A lot of them. Especially combined with a great defense. I have no doubt they can go into Kansas City as win next week, although they haven’t won a road playoff game in like 9 years?  That’s also astounding to me. 

Agreed except for one point:

My belief is that in today's NFL the most accurate passers who have been at it for more than five years are in this order:  Rodgers, Brady & Brees.  If Brees were 6' 5" tall, he could be the best, maybe of all time.  All three of these passers can put a ball into the smallest areas as well as throw deep.  One other thing they all possess is pocket sense and each has quick feet.  They know where to step to avoid the rush.  

Am still hoping for a KC/Saints final so we might see the 1st over 100 points combined SB score.

I heard murmurings that the league was considering eliminating kickoffs and  returns. They instituted the new 25 yard touchback so fewer players would get hurt on returns with concussions mostly. There are so many roughing the passer restrictions now I'm surprised any QB's get sacked any more. I doubt the loss of the kick off and return will happen but at some point the NFL will become flag football if this keeps up.

In the meantime Im trying like hell not to get sucked into the Patriots frenzy. I've been a much happier person since I didn't give a chit. (But Gronk just had a great game even though not involved in the offense....he was blocking like a fullback and was critical for a lot of first downs and yardage...dang I'm getting sucked in.)

33 minutes ago, Brad Eden said:

In the meantime Im trying like hell not to get sucked into the Patriots frenzy.

Then I invite you to join me this weekend in TX  to chase WC.  I will pick you up at the airport Friday evening.  You can use my Citori Lightening which is not too much different from your Browning, stay here where I will help you avoid the NFL.  You will also enjoy the weather.  This offer is like one I had many years ago from some fellow UJ-ers that I took them up on.  Since you are the UJ, this offer reciprocates.  We will hunt SAT in Sam Houston NF, SUN and MON in Davy Crockett.  You'll also carry a couple of rifled slugs for boar if I can remember to bring them.  Bring your dog if you want.

It's more fun to have someone to hate.  The Patriots do the trick, even more fun than hating the Cowboys, Raiders or Oilers growing up.  The Pats actually beat the Steelers when the Steelers aren't beating themselves. 

The Patriots make football look like NASCAR in their heyday.....winning is not everything, unless you need it to be.