REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Zoli 16ga.

best electric smoker?

Timn

I just bought a green mountain grill really like it Black Friday price was almost 300 off.

Wes Stueber

Hey, guys,

I had a MasterBuilt electric smoker for years UNTIL the heating element went out on it.  I tried to get another one, to NO avail!  So, I changed brands and picked up a LEM electric smoker last year @ a Scheel's store on sale.  It seems to work a bit slower, but does a fine job.  I usually put in a chicken, ribs and pork steaks or a pork roast.  I always try to fill it up and let it go to work...  Love 'em!

Enjoy using yours.

Brittman

Zoli 16ga.

trying this recipe to smoke my duck breasts. this is the brine...

Screenshot_20181214-172214

I'll smoke them in cherry.

dogrunner

What about the 3-4lbs of beef brisket? forget the ducks. 

Zoli 16ga.

ducks are just a test. never had a smoker. I do have a brisket in the freezer waiting till I figure this new tool out. next will be goose breasts. then maybe the brisket.

Brad Eden

Brought to top for research. Hoping to buy a small electric smoker in the next month.

terrym

Damn you people. Looking at those pictures has me thinking I need to join the club...,.😋

Westksbowhunter

Masterbuilt and use an amazen pellet smoker for the smoke.  

gaberdeen
5 hours ago, Brad Eden said:

Brought to top for research. Hoping to buy a small electric smoker in the next month.

Look at the Smokin it line of smokers. Built like brick s-houses. No rubberized door gaskets to dry out. Stainless steel construction. Various sizes available. I've done the briskets at Catskill shindig for a few years now with it.

Clueless1

Digital.  I got a Masterbuilt Electric from Cabelas points on the credit card.  It's analog.  Still works great but it took some time to know where the temp was.  I've heard the digitals will be a bit closer, but still a little off. 

Whatever you end up with, buy a remote meat temperature sensor.  The meat is done when the internal temperature says its done.  I've yet to do the Bluetooth but there is something to be said for going to work and telling the kids to pull the meat out of the smoker when the sensor bell goes off. 

Snipeaholic

I had two Masterbuilts and had decent service but getting replacement elements was a pain. Bought a Smokin-it #2 several months ago and am well pleased. I caught it on sale for $50 off and free shipping. It's a simple well built piece of equipment and if need be parts are easily ordered online. I made the purchase based on posts earlier in this thread.

Jacksdad
35 minutes ago, gaberdeen said:

Look at the Smokin it line of smokers. Built like brick s-houses. No rubberized door gaskets to dry out. Stainless steel construction. Various sizes available. I've done the briskets at Catskill shindig for a few years now with it.

in my research these were the real deal.  seemed the Home Depot brands people were fixing the moment they bought them.  ended up with a pellet pooper but if I were going electric cabinet I'd go smokin it brand.  

airmedic1

My Masterbuilt with the digital won't work in the sun, it heats up and shuts off.  The analog one I had didn't do that.

Brad Eden

I'm also liking the electric Smokin It units. Simple, no frills, built like a bank vault. Great reviews. I have no interest in digital this, remote that etc. My concern is how small their Model 1 is which is in my price point. I need something that can handle a wild turkey breast on bone (no legs or thighs) and a couple separate wild turkey breasts. It seems big enough for smaller stuff like pork loin small brisket, sausage, ribs etc.

Snipeaholic
1 hour ago, Brad Eden said:

I'm also liking the electric Smokin It units. Simple, no frills, built like a bank vault. Great reviews. I have no interest in digital this, remote that etc. My concern is how small their Model 1 is which is in my process point. I need something that can handle a wild turkey breast on bone (no legs or thighs) and a couple separate wild turkey breasts. It seems big enough for smaller stuff like pork loin small brisket, sausage, ribs etc.

I looked at the #1 closely & opted for the #2 and am glad I did. The #2 should easily take care of what you want to do. Spend the extra $ and get ready to smoke.