Crispi guide boots

Do these boots seem to run a bit smaller than regular boots? I found this style boot (Zamberlan, Kenetrek, Meindl) to run about a half to whole size smaller than regular hunting boots.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MilRob

• Swampy 16

• River19

• Cold Iron

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Really hoping these will end my constant quest of finding the “perfect” boot...  

After the first 30 miles I can safely say these are the most comfortable boots I have ever had.    Now I just hope they hold up. 

I hate ordering boots without being able to try them on first. 

I have a pair of Crispi Thors that run true to size in length, they're on the narrow side of normal I'd say.  I found a video on YouTube directly from Crispi, they straight out declare that the lower "hiking" or mountaineering type boots are narrower and the mountain hunting boots (Legend, Guide, Hunter) are a bit wider, for whatever that's worth.  

I’m still trying to figure out what boot I’m going to get. My Zamberlans went back (broken speed lace). I’m stuck between the Crispi, Hanwag, Schnee’s, and probably the Lowa. My problem is I don’t trust Gore-Tex liners. 

On 11/19/2019 at 11:21 AM, Swampy 16 said:

I ordered to CRISPI GTX 10” insulated boots. Wish me luck !

LUCK! Report back please. 

The Crispi’s won’t work unfortunately. The Kenetrek’s felt much better. If I go one size larger they be too big. I’m gonna order a pair of Schee’s. I hope they fit well. I’m not a fan of Gore-Tex liners. The Schee’s have the Sympatex liner. It’s hard for me to find a boot that fits well. I never used to have this problem but lately I do.

5 minutes ago, Swampy 16 said:

The Crispi’s won’t work unfortunately. The Kenetrek’s felt much better. If I go one size larger they be too big. I’m gonna order a pair of Schee’s. I hope they fit well. I’m not a fan of Gore-Tex liners. The Schee’s have the Sympatex liner. It’s hard for me to find a boot that fits well. I never used to have this problem but lately I do.

Me too...finding comfortable shoes and boot. That comes with age. I was a spot on 10.5 medium width all my adult life, then started getting corns and pain on bone points. Now I buy Wide 11's in all footwear. Feet are very finicky after they have a lot of miles on them. 

What’s strange about this type of boot like the Crispi’s is I’ve always been a 10-1/2 also but all these boots I’ve worn have been 9-1/2.

1 hour ago, Swampy 16 said:

That's my problem very few fit good and I don't want to have to keep sending them back.  I didn't have this problem years ago until every boot company started making there stuff overseas. 

I am also back in the quest. Had my needs covered with 3 options, but older Danner grand slam i wear for colder, snowier outings unexpectedly failed. Looking for a place to try on crispi. Tired of  the search. 

7 hours ago, Tilkut said:

I am also back in the quest. Had my needs covered with 3 options, but older Danner grand slam i wear for colder, snowier outings unexpectedly failed. Looking for a place to try on crispi. Tired of  the search. 

There’s a place in Bellefonte Pa but that’s pretty far for me. 

On 11/24/2019 at 7:40 PM, Tilkut said:

Scheels carries Crispi, but not all of the models. The nearest to you would be Rochester, Mn. and Eau Claire, Wi. At Scheels Website select one of the boots on the link I posted and then the size you think fit. You can then check to see if it is in stock at the store. 

They are European sizing even though they are listed in US sizes. A 10 is actually 43 and 10.5 is 44. The volume and fit can change slightly in each model boot. The Hunter has the most volume of the Crispi that I own and are insulated. I wear thicker socks with them which works considering the time of year I wear them. With the rain this year glad I had them this fall was in water right to the top more than once and my feet never got wet. The fit on my Guide and Nevada is identical and medium or light socks work best, for me. The Guide and Nevada is right in the middle volume wise and basically the same boot except for height. The uninsulated Idaho is the narrowest of them all but fits me like a glove with light socks. I am picking up the Wyoming next for summer use which is a shorter version of the Idaho and expect the fit to be the same as the Idaho.

31766235473_b61ef9e6a4_b.jpg

The Hunter on the left I purchased 3 years ago and the Guide on the right 2 years ago, this is when the Guide were new. I pretty much only wear the Hunter for hunting season, guess the name fits. But also wear the Guide in daily rotation during hunting season.

Good luck, provided Crispi fit your feet think your search will be over.

On 11/24/2019 at 8:40 PM, Tilkut said:

There’s a place in Bellefonte Pa but that’s pretty far for me. I found the Crispi’s to be the tightest fit of all the mountain style boots I tried. They were the closest to “true to size”. The others were all at least a half size smaller.