2019 UJ Catskill Gathering

2 hours ago, Swampy 16 said:

What are the sleeping arrangements? I sleep with a C-PAP machine so I need an end table on my right side if that’s possible. 

Cabins are set up with two bunk beds in a room with a nightstand between them . Other than Steve last year and myself I know of no other CPAP . 

The lodge may have single rooms with nightstands . 

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zoli 16ga.

• gunsrus

• Swampy 16

• Grifish

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Once again a great time and huge thanks to the Polecat . I'm not sure everyone knows how much work he puts into this . Every year he brings enough food that even when there is concern what's for dinne

Hey Polecat! What's fer supper?    Well, we got marinated venison loins, fresh off the grill, And Ruffneck's quart jars of marinated cherries -- fresh from the still.   We got

I am pretty sure I will make it back this year.  My lung cancer metastasized to my brain but I am in good care now. Finished the high intensity radiation last week.  I really feel great, hav

Posted Images

I didn’t know there was a lodge. Can I reserve a room? Is it on the property? It’s Catskill Pheasantry if I remember correctly?

Also, how does it work with the course as a group? Is it closed to the public that weekend? And is there a discount per round? Or is it one price and shoot til you’re seeing double?

1 hour ago, Swampy 16 said:

I didn’t know there was a lodge. Can I reserve a room? Is it on the property? It’s Catskill Pheasantry if I remember correctly?

Yes to all .

only a few public people ever show up. As in three or four. It's never been an issue. basically we take over the place. it is so far out of the way that they get very few walk ins and rely mostly on organized groups imho. shooting the courses is very loosey goosey....ask who wants to shoot....grab a cart and go shoot. shoot one course...two courses...what ever you feel like.

As a group..we pay as per the honor system. ...as in,  we tell the gents how many rounds of each course we shot at the end of the weekend, and get charged accordingly. $35 a round I think.

the lodge in on the grounds and has several rooms. I'm sure one has a night stand beside the bed. I always stay in the lodge. 

1 hour ago, Swampy 16 said:

Also, how does it work with the course as a group? Is it closed to the public that weekend? And is there a discount per round? Or is it one price and shoot til you’re seeing double?

Not closed to the public but they do really try to accommodate UJ . Last year was the first time I questioned another fairly large group while we were there . They stepped up with ATV's for all without a hiccup . 

Two separate SC courses set up for grouse presentations . I think $45 for 100 targets . 

5 Stand $10

Skeet $7

Wobble trap and "try and hit me" 75 yard targets over the pond .

Pm me if you want more 

Al

delahunter834
18 hours ago, Fire Marshal Bill said:

IRISH, there is room in cabin 5. I sent you a PM this morning. 

You are in cabin 1 not 5.

Fire Marshal Bill
3 hours ago, delahunter834 said:

You are in cabin 1 not 5.

Dela, thanks for correcting me. I did the same thing last year. I guess # 5 must be stuck in my brain. I'm going to have to let the cabin go this year. My wife and I will be in France in July. So if anyone wants the cabin let me know and I'll transfer it to your name. 

delahunter834
1 hour ago, Fire Marshal Bill said:

Dela, thanks for correcting me. I did the same thing last year. I guess # 5 must be stuck in my brain. I'm going to have to let the cabin go this year. My wife and I will be in France in July. So if anyone wants the cabin let me know and I'll transfer it to your name. 

I got to have cabin 5 because I must watch cabin 4.we will miss ya Wayne.

Hmm...France or Catskills...C'est la vie mon ami!

Go ahead and put my name on it...that way I can tell my wife I am already committed and will have to celebrate our anniversary another day LOL

On 1/7/2019 at 2:48 PM, delahunter834 said:

I got to have cabin 5 because I must watch cabin 4.we will miss ya Wayne.

Cabin 4 has always been very subdued with the accompanying gentleman that live there . Yes there is the occasional , go to the neighbors for cream for my coffee in the morning but generally a good group . 

Now that damn Cabin 3 is another story . Many a soul has been lost . There's something strange going on down there . Lights on all night , strange behavior and pungent odors . Don't drink the water down there !

Fire Marshal Bill

Perrier, ya it was a tough call. Lol. I'll call them and transfer the cabin to you. If you find that you can't use it you can transfer it to someone else. Lol