2019 UJ Catskill Gathering

Greg Hartman

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone.

The food was vast in quantity and astoundingly good - and that is the understatement of the year!  Then, there was the brown likker and German beer.  Wow!  A TON of time, effort and money was put into the food and drink.

The shooting was causal but challenging and great fun; and it was a privilege to see some folks like Jon practice their art.

The ladies took Nancy under their wings and gave her lots of help as a brand new shooter.  She shot both SC courses.

Joy and Bliss were big hits.

Mostly, I wanted to thank everyone for treating Nancy and me like long-lost family on our first trip to this event.  As newbies, we were a bit lost when we drove into the parking area in the MH - that lasted maybe one minute.  Nancy knew only Kurt and Sam (Grifish).  I knew a few of the other attendees, but most were first-time meets for both of us.   As usual when meeting UJ'ers, I felt like I already knew them even though I'd never seen them face-to-face before - this weekend was no exception.  It was an honor to get to meet some of our icons face-to-face and share some good food, good drink and good shooting with them, not to mention many stories.  I'm not very "social", but could not have enjoyed myself more.  Great people. Every. Single. One.

Brad, you should try to make a run to this event next year.

We will definitely be coming back.  

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zoli 16ga.

• gunsrus

• Swampy 16

• Grifish

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Once again a great time and huge thanks to the Polecat . I'm not sure everyone knows how much work he puts into this . Every year he brings enough food that even when there is concern what's for dinne

Hey Polecat! What's fer supper?    Well, we got marinated venison loins, fresh off the grill, And Ruffneck's quart jars of marinated cherries -- fresh from the still.   We got

I am pretty sure I will make it back this year.  My lung cancer metastasized to my brain but I am in good care now. Finished the high intensity radiation last week.  I really feel great, hav

Posted Images

DennisMcFeely
6 hours ago, dogrunner said:

There dog wagon. 

80FBEFF3-0AD3-44D5-A72C-78AB9B2B6ABE.jpeg

Otherwise known as “Cabin number six”

4 hours ago, DennisMcFeely said:

Otherwise known as “Cabin number six”

I missed you there but Jazz had a Guinness with your name on it. I drank it and it was Ice cold. 😂

A pic of the 5-stand if shot in the late afternoon the sun will blind you. Oh and there are not many easy ones.  

EE24EB61-235E-4C93-BDAE-24AE8272A282.jpeg

A great time just like last year.  A big thanks to Polecat and every one else who pitched in and made it happen.  Next year I think I'll leave the shotguns at home and bring a fishing pole, someone said the Delaware River has fish in it. Who am I trying to kid, I can't fish either.

5 hours ago, hmm363 said:

A great time just like last year.  A big thanks to Polecat and every one else who pitched in and made it happen.  Next year I think I'll leave the shotguns at home and bring a fishing pole, someone said the Delaware River has fish in it. Who am I trying to kid, I can't fish either.

It’s great that you guys come out for the shindig! 

brushbuster

Another awesome UJ event! Sorry I did not reply sooner but I just got off the AT with the scouts and we decided to celebrate with some southern BBQ!  Thanks to the Polecat for being the glue that makes this such a great weekend.  I always enjoy catching up with the UJ crew as well as meeting some new ones!

I want to echo what the other attendees have said.  This is always a gathering to look forward to. If anyone goes hungry in the Catskills, it's because you are on a forced diet!

it was great seeing my friends.......prior to our assault on the Maine grouse woods.  Good friends and good food.........just add shooting small bore shotguns!!

Speaking of shotguns, I got a call from the gunsmith that he finished the stock repair on my Beretta.  Had he finished a week earlier, I could have shot it at the gathering. No big deal. I got to shoot one of Al's many 28ga. guns. Thanks my friend for bringing along some spares!

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm already looking forward to next year's gathering!

I didn't take a single photo........I turned the cell phone off when I got there and didn't touch it until I left.

Awesome event...missed Steve and Ted...but life happens.

Definitely bringing A/C window units again.

J4B