2019 UJ Catskill Gathering

delahunter834
On February 15, 2019 at 12:58 PM, River19 said:

I don't know if I'll be back.  I stopped liking good food, good friends, shooting guns, drinking booze and relaxing.......

No wait.....no I do still like all those things......

Polecat..... I think I'm in again !!!!

This event is not all about shooting.You meet some great people ,eat more food then thanksgiving ,drink all kinds of beverages,some with blue berries& Cherri's in them

I have been there every year it has been in the Catskills ,always a good time

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zoli 16ga.

• gunsrus

• Swampy 16

• Grifish

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Once again a great time and huge thanks to the Polecat . I'm not sure everyone knows how much work he puts into this . Every year he brings enough food that even when there is concern what's for dinne

Hey Polecat! What's fer supper?    Well, we got marinated venison loins, fresh off the grill, And Ruffneck's quart jars of marinated cherries -- fresh from the still.   We got

I am pretty sure I will make it back this year.  My lung cancer metastasized to my brain but I am in good care now. Finished the high intensity radiation last week.  I really feel great, hav

Posted Images

I think Brad would like it also. very low keyed, despite all the rhetoric regarding cherries in a jar. love it when polecat turns his crock pot on around 10:30 PM....always few people chilling...chatting....waiting for it to heat up. ahhhhhh....

I reserved a room this morning so I’m in as long as nothing comes up between now and then. What should I bring besides plenty of ammo, and some cigars?

19 hours ago, Swampy 16 said:

I reserved a room this morning so I’m in as long as nothing comes up between now and then. What should I bring besides plenty of ammo, and some cigars?

Dark liquor. Sense of humor. Shotgun to go with ammo............

31 minutes ago, fourtrax57 said:

Dark liquor. Sense of humor. Shotgun to go with ammo............

I don’t drink but I’ve got plenty of sense of humor, and a shotgun or two. They mostly all have two barrels and are situated in the proper configuration. 😉

20 hours ago, Swampy 16 said:

We'll discuss food prep at a later date . Polecat will let all know what's needed . Everyone chips in with a meal , appetizers , deserts  , soups , salads , paper goods , utensils ,,,,,,,,, whatever you can bring .

• 1 month later...

It's baaaack !  14 weeks away , muh belly wants food ! I love the Polecat . So far looks like a good turnout is coming .

The SxS shoot (any gauge) was a huge success last year as was the usual 28 gauge shoot . 

Grifish and jpari are practicing daily , hoping to keep their trophies . They will not slip under the radar this year !!!  Don , the Kanadian , has his new 725 28 gauge w 30'' tubes and already has the 28 gauge shoot in the bag . Tony's little Beretta 28 cracked at the wrist but will have it fixed and ready . 

Looks like some serious shooters from the midwest are challenging (dogrunner and Skybuster) and hints of some old Pennsylvanian that shoots pretty well may attend . They say that Swamp guy can shoot pretty good too . 

What about the returning Ohio guys ? Damn good shooters there . 

The Aroostook Alaskan may get permission from his better half . He shoots every weekend (what else is there to do in Alaska ?) . 

He claims he's good !

All is not decided as the Master brushbuster sneaks back through the back door . Lefties , urggggh !

Get ready , it's coming !

Fire Marshal Bill

You definitely have cabin fever, Al. But the UJ gathering is shaping up to be a good one. Sorry I wouldn't be there, off to France. Bad timing on my part. 

2 hours ago, gunsrus said:

It's baaaack !  14 weeks away , muh belly wants food ! I love the Polecat . So far looks like a good turnout is coming .

The SxS shoot (any gauge) was a huge success last year as was the usual 28 gauge shoot . 

Grifish and jpari are practicing daily , hoping to keep their trophies . They will not slip under the radar this year !!!  Don , the Kanadian , has his new 725 28 gauge w 30'' tubes and already has the 28 gauge shoot in the bag . Tony's little Beretta 28 cracked at the wrist but will have it fixed and ready . 

Looks like some serious shooters from the midwest are challenging (dogrunner and Skybuster) and hints of some old Pennsylvanian that shoots pretty well may attend . They say that Swamp guy can shoot pretty good too . 

What about the returning Ohio guys ? Damn good shooters there . 

The Aroostook Alaskan may get permission from his better half . He shoots every weekend (what else is there to do in Alaska ?) . 

He claims he's good !

All is not decided as the Master brushbuster sneaks back through the back door . Lefties , urggggh !

Get ready , it's coming !

Hi Al, you left out Dogrunner from Michigan. If he makes it I'd put my money on him for HOA.

8 minutes ago, Skybuster said:

Hi Al, you left out Dogrunner from Michigan. If he makes it I'd put my money on him for HOA.

Nope , didn't forget him ! He'll be harassed the minute he arrives !

High Over All

2 minutes ago, Swampy 16 said:

Ok, what’s HOA ?