Marty Fischer new podcast.

Kansas Bound

Interesting. I always enjoyed Shotgun Journal. Does anyone know if the series is on DVD for sale?

13 hours ago, Kansas Bound said:

Interesting. I always enjoyed Shotgun Journal. Does anyone know if the series is on DVD for sale?

Maybe email Marty I’m sure he could find out. 

I listened to it. Not bad for the first one.  Always liked Marty when I've watched him on t.v.  If you are planning a wing-shooting trip the first segment is for you. 

• 1 month later...

Marty is a good, personal friend, and I can tell you he's working his butt off in trying to make this show something for every type of shotgunner. He's planning to have Tom Roster on next month sometime, for a one on one about shotgun ballistics for both the wing and clay shooter. The concept is to explain to folks why premium loads, especially for hunting, are a good thing. 

I always liked Marty for what he brought to the shooting and hunting sports as far as his tv stuff. His podcasts tho are a bit short with the people he has on because of the commercials and he tries to rush through the interviews.  

Pretty cool this is out there.  Anything that helps expand our world is a good thing!  It will surely be a challenge to take a subject that is so visual and make it work on radio. 

I listened to the episode with the glasses fellow.  He was a great interview and I found myself wanting to call in with questions!  But the guy before him was hard to listen to.  He and Marty kept talking over each other and never got into a rhythm. 

My favorite radio interviews have almost 100% been NPR stuff.  They do a great job finding interesting guests and letting the guests flavor the interview themselves.  Less talking, more listening I suppose.  Avoid the urge to restate the guests comments for clarification but rather ask further questions to allow the guest to clarify.  I did see where he posted on SGW looking for any questions folks would have ahead of his interview.  I thought that was neat. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...