REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
Okhotnik

Last nail in Cabela’s coffin

braque du upstate

Orvis catalog is good. The local fly shop shut down . The brick and mortar had 80% women's clothing,   a dozen flyrods on the back wall. I honestly walked in thinking it was going to be set up like a ll bean store i had visited in buffalo . It was 6 old ladies in pant suits... i hit a wall of perfume and hightailed it . back in the 90' s i drooled over their stuff i couldn't afford . 

Millriver

Take a trip to Manchester, Vermont, and visit the Orvis main store and the outlet barn next door. Their customer service is second to none, and there's plenty of upland equipment, clothing, high end guns (I can't afford), fly fishing gear, and yes, women's clothing.

Yes it's expensive, most of my purchases are next door in the bargain barn, but you're treated like a human being there, rather than an annoyance. And they stand by their products.

And Manchester is a beautiful town in a very historic area in southern Vermont. Great place to spend a weekend or romantic getaway (if you need one for marital maintenance).

Oh yeah, there's also a local fishing and gun shop in town worth checking out. 

john mcg

The wife and I enjoyed driving over there now and then.

I agree on all counts.

Oriongs

Yes, can't wait for the "final," nail.  Heck, would gladly provide both the nail and the hammer.  They are a bunch of corporate, "lackies," with no common sense.   No willingness to work with their customers.  Yes, hoping for the final nail the sooner the better.