Heavy Snow fall coming to the northeast

Starting Saturday evening into Monday morning We are expecting between 12-24 inches in Southern NH more as you head North with brutal cold single digit temps this mean that while can can plow the snow off the roads we can not treat the roads with salt so expect that they will be slick. 

If you go out be prepared for the temps and road conditions.  Please give the plow trucks plenty of space most of us will have been up for over 24 hours with little to no sleep and things get a little wonky when your up that long.

I love storms like these instead of getting OT I take the option of time off this will give me a extra week of vacation for next fall 👍

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brad Eden

• WPG Gizmo

• topdog1961

• max2

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You got nothin on me. Talk to me in 50 years if big green is still on the job.    I'd still trade you though, if you got a good gun or two to throw in. 

Starting Saturday evening into Monday morning We are expecting between 12-24 inches in Southern NH more as you head North with brutal cold single digit temps this mean that while can can plow the snow

You guys are complaining and carrying on about some snow. Look what we have to face here in Florida; 70 degree temps, bright sunshine making sunglasses necessary and great beach days with lovely scene

Posted Images

You are a brave man even talking about snow when you live in the northeast as we do. We are supposed to relish it....ME is in the same boat or storm so to speak. I'm prepping the snow removal equipment, gassing up the generator, etc. JoAnn on the other hand is more concerned that the Patriots game might be compromised by a power outage and/or losing reception due to the Directv dish getting covered in snow...although she will be busy with her one hard labor chore...scooping off the deck, to keep the load off and to give me room to rake snow off the front roof onto deck to then scoop off. Frankly we are due for a whopper. Might as well get the first one over with. Stay safe plowing Gary.

2 minutes ago, Brad Eden said:

You are a brave man even talking about snow when you live in the northeast as we do. We are supposed to relish it....ME is in the same boat or storm so to speak. I'm prepping the snow removal equipment, gassing up the generator, etc. JoAnn on the other hand is more concerned that the Patriots game might be compromised by a power outage and/or losing reception due to the Directv dish getting covered in snow...although she will be busy with her one hard labor chore...scooping off the deck, to keep the load off and to give me room to rake snow off the front roof onto deck to then scoop off. Frankly we are due for a whopper. Might as well get the first one over with. Stay safe plowing Gary.

Brad,  If you can get within several feet of the dish, a Super Soaker Squirt Gun with Windshield washer solution can keep the snow off it.  FWIW, for me, I ran outside in the middle of our 10" of heavy snow last week and hooked up the garden hose, turned the water on and washed all the snow off the dish in 30 seconds.  Then took the hose down, and turned off and drained the spigot.  Us football fans will do a lot to keep those dishes free from snow. 

4 minutes ago, tut said:

Brad,  If you can get within several feet of the dish, a Super Soaker Squirt Gun with Windshield washer solution can keep the snow off it.  FWIW, for me, I ran outside in the middle of our 10" of heavy snow last week and hooked up the garden hose, turned the water on and washed all the snow off the dish in 30 seconds.  Then took the hose down, and turned off and drained the spigot.  Us football fans will do a lot to keep those dishes free from snow. 

It's way the hell up on the peak of a three story house (including walk in basement.) no water with minus temps Im afraid. Typically snow rolls off unless wet and sticky. In the past I've had to bring a ladder up on deck and climb at least 12 feet, and then use the long ass roof rake that I have duct taped a broom too...to sweep it off. Gotta be careful though since the powerlines angle right to that peak of the house and I have to slip the rake under them. Not what I like to do in 30 mph winds and snow...

Brad - you always claiming to be "frugal" when it comes to spending&you still have Directv ? ho,ho,ho,  Get with the program  & save -Roku for sure.

5 minutes ago, max2 said:

Brad - you always claiming to be "frugal" when it comes to spending&you still have Directv ? ho,ho,ho,  Get with the program  & save -Roku for sure.

We have two rokus as well...you spend what you need to get through Maine winters. Not complaining....

(And need satellite to get Red Sox games...)

1 minute ago, Brad Eden said:

We have two rokus as well...you spend what you need to get through Maine winters. Not complaining....

I bet you can get the Red Sox's with the Roku.  I hope  one of the young guy's chime in on this.  

19 minutes ago, Brad Eden said:

Sling tv  might carry them i'll check when I get home  its $25 a month

16 minutes ago, max2 said:

I bet you can get the Red Sox's with the Roku.  I hope  one of the young guy's chime in on this.  

2 minutes ago, MSchafer said:

Sling tv  might carry them i'll check when I get home  its $25 a month

But then I won't be able to watch Bravo Channel...

2 minutes ago, Brad Eden said:

But then I won't be able to watch Bravo Channel...

Research ,research ,research.   There are saving's to be had !   

Now to get this thread back on course  Gizmo I have been a commuter for years  and  you have put a face on the drivers of the plow trucks I have encountered over the yrs.  Thank's ! Good job ! 

Gary, try not to take out too many mailboxes wouldja....

IMG_0966.JPG

(not cleverly gleaned off the interweb...my old mailbox...)

Yup Western Maine is gonna get hammered . Daughter is already up there skiing . SE Mass is looking at 2''-4'' with significant sleet and rain to finish . Be safe Gary . 

Generator tested - check. Snowblower gassed up - check. Wood pulled in - check. Unhealthy snacks and liquid refreshments for football - check. READY!

16 minutes ago, WMassGriff said:

Generator tested - check. Snowblower gassed up - check. Wood pulled in - check. Unhealthy snacks and liquid refreshments for football - check. READY!

All the same. Started up the Gen a week ago and let it run, filled tank, gave the battery a charge too. Snowthrower gassed up. Tractor straining at the leash, and plow will get manhandled onto the truck at some point before the storm. (And junky food ready for the game. Might need to get some more beer.) 

Will be stocking up here today and finishing any outside chores today and tomorrow as well. 24 inches forecast here. Will run the dogs today and tomorrow, 15 inch Cockers will struggle getting through that much snow. I'll snowblow paths to the chicken coop and the woodshed that they'll end up using.

I've really enjoyed the snow free winter, though I knew it was only a matter of time before we'd get pounded, just hope it all melts before I start tapping trees for sugaring! 😬

And thanks Gizmo for keeping those roads cleared, be safe out there.