Heavy Snow fall coming to the northeast

1 hour ago, Brad Eden said:

Gary, try not to take out too many mailboxes wouldja....

IMG_0966.JPG

(not cleverly gleaned off the interweb...my old mailbox...)

Is that old mailbox for sale Brad??

I've coveted it for many years, am in need of a new one,  and since Santa didn't bring me what I wanted anyway.....

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brad Eden

• WPG Gizmo

• topdog1961

• max2

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You got nothin on me. Talk to me in 50 years if big green is still on the job.    I'd still trade you though, if you got a good gun or two to throw in. 

Starting Saturday evening into Monday morning We are expecting between 12-24 inches in Southern NH more as you head North with brutal cold single digit temps this mean that while can can plow the snow

You guys are complaining and carrying on about some snow. Look what we have to face here in Florida; 70 degree temps, bright sunshine making sunglasses necessary and great beach days with lovely scene

Posted Images

5-8" in the Pgh area.  According to the news we are all going to die. 

Of course this is the same station that a couple weeks ago told us there was 5" of snow then the guy turned around and stuck a yardstick in the snow and buried it......right to a depth of 1.5".  Wish I could find the video on that. 

All that have to be out in the northeast stay safe.  Thank you Gizmo, stay safe. 

3 hours ago, Brad Eden said:

It's way the hell up on the peak of a three story house (including walk in basement.) no water with minus temps Im afraid. Typically snow rolls off unless wet and sticky. In the past I've had to bring a ladder up on deck and climb at least 12 feet, and then use the long ass roof rake that I have duct taped a broom too...to sweep it off. Gotta be careful though since the powerlines angle right to that peak of the house and I have to slip the rake under them. Not what I like to do in 30 mph winds and snow...

Consider looking in to an extendable paint pole with a brush head threaded on to keep that dish free of snow. I use one of these with a small broom gorilla taped to it to keep the dish clean on my home. I would think you could safely reach your's using one on a 6' step ladder. 

Spray those satellite dishes, plow blades, shovels and snowblower chutes with Pam. It helps keep the snow from sticking. 

5-7 inches forecasted for NW Ohio, but 35mph winds will mean feet of snow in drifts and potential power outages. And drives will need cleared many times. 

I haven't done crap to get ready. Between an all day job, then dog fence service and sales calls evenings, and church business, every day this week was packed. I'll have to reschedule two sales calls tomorrow due to the weather, I can't install them anyway until the ground thaws. I'm hoping tonight I can at least get fuel for the generator and for the back up propane heater. I'll charge a spare 12v battery to charge cells phones. Heaven forbid we can't do that, with two teens. I'm hoping my wheelhorse with blade will suffice, because I haven't started the blower in 3-4 years. It probably has jelly for gas. It would take me hours to dig it out of the shed, likely more to get it running. 

Evening edit: gas, propane, beer and wine bought, wood stacked. Bring it on. 

22 minutes ago, Clueless1 said:

Of course this is the same station that a couple weeks ago told us there was 5" of snow then the guy turned around and stuck a yardstick in the snow and buried it......right to a depth of 1.5".  Wish I could find the video on that. 

He's probably been pulling that one on his wife for years. 

Class III French Toast event:

Milk, eggs, bread

2 cs beer, 1 handle

Grill meats, crock pot fixin's

Supposed to get around 15" here in my area of NC Pennsylvania this weekend, not looking forward to that.  Can't really complain though as it will be the first winter storm for us this season and it's already mid January.  I ran my girl Dixie yesterday for fun and I doubt there was more than 1 inch on the ground any where we went.  No matter how much we get I feel we've beat old man winter out of at least 6-7 weeks of a normal winter this year.  Guess I better get the snowblower fired up for the weekend.

All this heavy snow talk has made me fearful and paranoid.  I am going to get my security blanket.....pictured below.

IMG_1371.JPG

1 minute ago, salmontogue said:

All this heavy snow talk has made me fearful and paranoid.  I am going to get my security blanket.....pictured below.

IMG_1371.JPG

That will get 'er done.

30 minutes ago, sprocket said:

Class III French Toast event:

Milk, eggs, bread

2 cs beer, 1 handle

Grill meats, crock pot fixin's

Where's the maple syrup?

Mike da Carpenter

Supposed to be here Tonight into tomorrow.  They said a few days ago to expect 8”-12”.  Today, they said 2”-4”.  It’s past the Middle of January and I’m still looking at grass in Michigan.  Life couldn’t get much better.

My prediction has it covered...

18023D04-78B8-4A1C-AFFC-268FA7CECEFA.jpeg.c4bef61d36d8500586999a1ca23ff255.jpeg

1 hour ago, Marc Ret said:

Consider looking in to an extendable paint pole with a brush head threaded on to keep that dish free of snow. I use one of these with a small broom gorilla taped to it to keep the dish clean on my home. I would think you could safely reach your's using one on a 6' step ladder. 

Great idea.

43 minutes ago, salmontogue said:

IMG_1371.JPG

That's what I'm talkin' about!!