Heavy Snow fall coming to the northeast

5 hours ago, Millriver said:

Where's the maple syrup?

aDoi - In the cabinet already - New England syrup from last yea's boil...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brad Eden

• WPG Gizmo

• topdog1961

• max2

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You got nothin on me. Talk to me in 50 years if big green is still on the job.    I'd still trade you though, if you got a good gun or two to throw in. 

Starting Saturday evening into Monday morning We are expecting between 12-24 inches in Southern NH more as you head North with brutal cold single digit temps this mean that while can can plow the snow

You guys are complaining and carrying on about some snow. Look what we have to face here in Florida; 70 degree temps, bright sunshine making sunglasses necessary and great beach days with lovely scene

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Brad Eden said:

But then I won't be able to watch Bravo Channel...

both MLB and Bravo are available but not on my package probably $10 a month more I cancel mine in the summer months. during football Missouri is on the SEC channel and the wife can watch the sappy Christmas movies i don't watch TV much as it turns out.

PartridgeCartridge
2 hours ago, max2 said:

Hmmmmmmm .........

IMG_0966.JPG

........interesting ........

Yep, he is quite the carpenter.

The forecast is all over the place anywhere from 12-20 inches to 2-4 inches and sleet one thing for sure at the end of this storm the temps are going to get down to 0 and stay there that is what will cause me problems if the roads are wet anyways it is not supposed to start until tomorrow evening sometime after 8.

As for mailboxes I have yet to hit one and knock it down with the plow what the snow does is not my fault 

I always presume that the forecasters are overplaying their hand and I hope that I'm correct this time.  I'm supposed to be taking a flight out of Buffalo early on Sunday morning and missing that flight would be troublesome.  I have full faith though......

7 hours ago, WI Outdoor Nut said:

Scheduled to fly into DC area next week Monday.  Is that area going to get hit as well?

Just damn cold.  No snow to worry about this far south based on the local weather folks.

26 minutes ago, GANGGREEN said:

I always presume that the forecasters are overplaying their hand and I hope that I'm correct this time.  I'm supposed to be taking a flight out of Buffalo early on Sunday morning and missing that flight would be troublesome.  I have full faith though......

Hope you have a plan B you can exercise.  I'm guessing that airport will be shut down Sunday morning.  8-14 inches of snow and 35 MPH winds expected Saturday night through mid day Sunday.

I think they're downgrading some of the earlier forecasts.  I'm seeing 8-12" of snow but much of that will come Saturday evening and overnight and they're preparing for it.  Wind forecasts are looking OK too with 30 MPH gusts, but only 10 MPH sustained wind.  We'll see, there's no Plan B, which is why I say missing our flight to NYC will be problematic, but we'll get by come hell or high water.  ;)

3 hours ago, max2 said:

Hmmmmmmm .........

IMG_0966.JPG

........interesting ........

I'm so glad you find this Hmmmmmm.......   ......interesting......I had aspirations to be an architect or engineer.....not really......This work of art is the result of not only multiple smashings from the town plow, but demands by the town postal delivery guy to raise and lower the box depending on what height truck he had any given year. (This is small rural town stuff, you had to live there to truly appreciate it.)

...and yeah, the weather gurus heads are exploding. Weather Channel predictions keep changing by the minute. Still gonna be a mess no matter how you cut it or plow it or throw it or shovel it or dump it...NOT COMPLAINING,

Samuel Hoggson

Careful tweaking Fearless Leader.  He's starting to go cap-lock.  It's not even February.  

Plows are no joke.  A new mailbox is about an annual purchase up here.  Let alone hardware, scrap-wood brackets, and posts.  Real fun doing a repair by the road at minus 10 F.  They finally clipped my 4x4 post right at ground.  Took over 1/2 hr just to find it buried in white stuff.  Stuck it in a 5 gal bucket full of sand and water, and used it that way for 2 years. 

Ugly as heck, but about 1/3 of the boxes on Rt 15 are stuck in 5 gal pails.  Permanently.  As in unconditional surrender.  If it gets knocked over, just stand it up. 

Not calling Brad's pic a very clever misdirection but......uhh......don't see the bottom of the post.......... 

17 minutes ago, Samuel Hoggson said:

Not calling Brad's pic a very clever misdirection but......uhh......don't see the bottom of the post.......... 

Same sorta...post was stck in sand in a galvanized 1/2 barrel, larger than a 5 gallon bucket. I refused to be beat by the plow or the postman...

58 minutes ago, Brad Eden said:

I'm so glad you find this Hmmmmmm.......   ......interesting......I had aspirations to be an architect or engineer....

And I see Art Moderne.

59 minutes ago, Brad Eden said:

...and yeah, the weather gurus heads are exploding. Weather Channel predictions keep changing by the minute. Still gonna be a mess no matter how you cut it or plow it or throw it or shovel it or dump it...NOT COMPLAINING,

Didn't you get invited to TX to go WC hunting this weekend?  Tomorrow in Sam Houston NF, Monday in Davy Crockett.  Sunday was looking like Clays and football in that order.

I live so rural I can't have a mail box . That said I could see the art  in Brads mailbox construction.  When I lived downstate the house I purchased had a chunk of telephone pole  buried 4 ft in the ground with a mailbox on top of the pole .It had at least 4 pieces of one inch banding wrapped over top of the mail box down the sides of the pole and anchored into the pole with 10's or 8's  about 6 nails each side.  I would have guessed the previous owner were taking no chances... 

The coolest one I have seen is up here on the main road. A person made a support for their mail box that when hit by flying snow from plow truck just swings out of the way with the force of the snow hitting it  and the weight brings it back . Pretty cool . 

Mike da Carpenter

I had better do something.  This one is going to be awful.  Actually, I’m kinda pi$$ed how they are trying to terrify people. 2-3” of snow is nothing (far cry from the 12”-20” they were saying last Monday).  It will be our first snowfall of the season and all the amateurs will be out on the street and the body shops will pick up some business.  

4E99D120-E7E7-4B71-B12C-FE1094BE4B22.png