Heavy Snow fall coming to the northeast

The snow has ended at my home in NW OH. But conditions are far worse than anytime during the day. I'd say we only got 6-7 inches but it's light and dry and the wind is howling like crazy 40mph or more. The ground is flat and the snow is flying sideways and drifting deep.  I just plowed for the 5th time today and it felt like ice cold shotblast on my face. I couldn't bear it more than a few minutes. I've tried to stay ahead of the drifts but it's obvious I will loose the battle overnight. It's 20 now and headed towards subzero. It's level 2 snow emergency here now with several adjacent counties at level 3. That means u can be fined for being on the road unless it's an emergency or you are "essential". 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brad Eden

• WPG Gizmo

• topdog1961

• max2

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You got nothin on me. Talk to me in 50 years if big green is still on the job.    I'd still trade you though, if you got a good gun or two to throw in. 

Starting Saturday evening into Monday morning We are expecting between 12-24 inches in Southern NH more as you head North with brutal cold single digit temps this mean that while can can plow the snow

You guys are complaining and carrying on about some snow. Look what we have to face here in Florida; 70 degree temps, bright sunshine making sunglasses necessary and great beach days with lovely scene

Posted Images

Well 27 hours of windshield time later I came home we ended up with 6-8 depending on which road you were on surprisingly little traffic made it easy plowing and no accidents.  I got home at 11pm and expected a 4am call back due to wet roads and brutal cold temp but it never came so knock on wood I have the day off.  The sky cleared up and if you were up last evening around midnight you could have seen the Super Wolf Blood Moon eclipse I look forward to the pictures  

Started snowing about 4:30 AM on Saturday, has not stopped yet, thanks to Lake Ontario and the north winds. All told probably around 20" with some drifts  in the back yard pushing close to 3'. Temp . hovering around 0 right now. Paths have  been snow blown for the dog, just a normal winter here.

Samuel Hoggson

Snowblower auger shaft weld fail.  You'd think shaft and splined flange would be part of a single forging.  Guess not.  

The 9/16" outboard auger shear bolt (not in pic) is alive and well. 

Maybe the green paint did it.........

Loader saved the day.......lengthened it, tho.

sb1184augershaftbreak.thumb.JPG.d23568ec266c2b89a27f43fbc71f9f90.JPG.

20 hours ago, WPG Gizmo said:

A19BB7B5-B33E-4F17-9DFA-6274E55B5191.jpeg

Love it 

My teenage son was out playing on the 4 wheeler, turning doughnuts on the road. Thankfully he saw the plow truck coming and pulled just off the left slide. Thankfully too he had a full face helmet on. The driver went by with a big grin on his face. Bet my son won't make that mistake again. 

2 hours ago, topdog1961 said:

My teenage son was out playing on the 4 wheeler, turning doughnuts on the road. Thankfully he saw the plow truck coming and pulled just off the left slide. Thankfully too he had a full face helmet on. The driver went by with a big grin on his face. Bet my son won't make that mistake again. 

I knew a kid in high school who was bombing down the road going about 80 on his snowmobile after a storm before the plows were out.  Cop tried to flag him down and when he didn't stop, the cop threw one of those big mag lights at him and broke his leg.  Best not to play in the road I guess.