ruff hunter

Old man Tom Brady. GOAT 🐐!

Dogwood
1 hour ago, Brad Eden said:

Second funniest post on UJ for 2019. Congrats 

What's the first?

GB Jack

8 straight years of having to win one game to go to a conf championship. Only three of them not at home. Tom is great , no denying that. Yesterday was not a “goat performance”, not even close . Of course , a “ offsides” flag bailed him out of the game losing pic. Hahahahaha ;). I can say for

the first time ( in my life) if living , eating, and breathing football, I’m done with the nfl. So many close friends have suggested that it’s “ rigged”, and while I’ve certainly  thought that was malarkey, I’m starting to think I they’re may be some truth to it. It’s startin to remind me of wwe wrestling. Promoting fake fights between coaches/ teams, storylines follow the same sad path, as if coirse , the largest two markets his happen to be inthe finals, again.  This will be the first super bowl  I haven’t watched , I just don’t care about it anymore . I’m sure some of the “

issues” that players have with owners, and the boycotts is certain songs  etc have something to do with it. I think high school and college ball have 10x the heart and are simply a lot more fun to watch. 

Brad Eden
3 minutes ago, Dogwood said:

What's the first?

Someone mentioned that something other than the ruffed grouse is the king of game birds.

john mcg
3 minutes ago, GB Jack said:

The guy has won the most games no doubt and is a great qb, but yesterday he wasn’t even the best qb on the field. That goal line int was horrible. He does hand it off and thrown checkdowns better than anyone on the planet, ever .

Everybody makes mistakes--but in Tom's case the overall record and so many champion level performances are unlike any other. I enjoy excellence in most anything and he pushes himself to reach it. If you could render committment into an individual, you would be hard pressed to find a better example.

Haters are gonna hate and at some level understandable. Someone wins and everyone else loses.

GB Jack
8 minutes ago, john mcg said:

Everybody makes mistakes--but in Tom's case the overall record and so many champion level performances are unlike any other. I enjoy excellence in most anything and he pushes himself to reach it. If you could render committment into an individual, you would be hard pressed to find a better example.

Haters are gonna hate and at some level understandable. Someone wins and everyone else loses.

No denying he is awesome, I’ve never disputed that. I don’t hate him, not even close , but recognizing what he’s asked to do, what he does, and how it compares to others at his position is where if one has unbiased opinions , the “ goat label” is overused, and frankly roll

eyes worthy in terms of positional play . Yesterday was telling when romo calls 7 straight audibles of what Tom was audibleing to , even so close to where exactly it was going. Tony romo, not Joe Montana . Bellicheck is simply the greatest football in the history of the game , his transitional adjustments , he’ll even his defensive front three stunts to flush mahomes to waiting ( sleeping) 7 and 6 techniques was brilliant. He’s playing chess , when others are playing checkers , period  . Bellicheck is the reason for their wins, plain and simple .

john mcg
35 minutes ago, GB Jack said:

No denying he is awesome, I’ve never disputed that. I don’t hate him, not even close , but recognizing what he’s asked to do, what he does, and how it compares to others at his position is where if one has unbiased opinions , the “ goat label” is overused, and frankly roll

eyes worthy in terms of positional play . Yesterday was telling when romo calls 7 straight audibles of what Tom was audibleing to , even so close to where exactly it was going. Tony romo, not Joe Montana . Bellicheck is simply the greatest football in the history of the game , his transitional adjustments , he’ll even his defensive front three stunts to flush mahomes to waiting ( sleeping) 7 and 6 techniques was brilliant. He’s playing chess , when others are playing checkers , period  . Bellicheck is the reason for their wins, plain and simple .

I don't know enough to dispute anything you are saying, but to point out that a whole bunch of folks who know the game well and have the perspective of a lot of years, agree that Brady is the best.

A million Boston fans can't be wrong!

😉

GB Jack
1 minute ago, john mcg said:

I don't know enough to dispute anything you are saying, but to point out that a whole bunch of folks who know the game well and have the perspective of a lot of years, agree that Brady is the best.

A million Boston fans can't be wrong!

😉

He’s the best when it comes to winning games , no one will dispute that.  At least no one with a clear brain .

chilly460

I can't stand the Patriots, but have to say that I don't know how they do it, but they're just a machine.  

Hogan, a lacrosse player, comes up with clutch catches. Gronk blocks like a maniac all game, makes the great catch over the back of Berry.  Edelman, converted QB, converts how many third downs?  The fullback is a converted DE from Brown who spent 4yrs in the arena league for chrissakes, and he handled Justin Houston all game.  

Their running backs always squeak out a few extra yards, they know when to throw the crossing route to Gronk, and somehow Edelman is always wide open on 3 and 4 in the flat.  They make it look easy.  Brady doesn't get touched all game against a very good pash rush that just the week before had 3 sacks and a ton of pressures on Luck.  

They ran stunts and blitzed the A gaps all game, and Reid doesn't adjust.  

It's just an unbeatable combo, Little Bill is simply a step ahead of all other coaches, and Brady is admittedly phenomenal, accuracy and pre-snap talents are off the charts.  And somehow, they get extraordinary effort out of no-name players, consistently.  

WPG Gizmo

For 20 years Tom and Bill have been together they each are the best at what they do but together they are the best of all time. 

They are like a old married couple one starts the sentence the other finishes it without missing a beat.

NHBirddogger
1 hour ago, Brad Eden said:

Someone mentioned that something other than the ruffed grouse is the king of game birds.

I hope you banned them for life...

NHBirddogger
1 hour ago, GB Jack said:

That explains it. Brady reacts and audibles at the line, Romo has the benefit of looking from above. I do like Romo as an announcer.

ruff hunter

It’s all about championships and rings. Brady has a lot of them and at the end of their day that’s what it’s about. Like I said in 30 years all anyone is going to say is “ he played in how many Super Bowls? “........

Up North

Is it true? I have heard that Brady, and others take less money so they have more money to spend on supporting players to keep the team stacked.

chilly460

Romo can be a little much at times, but it's awesome when he calls out the play or motion that's about to happen before it happens.  Happened a few times last night, one point he saw MLB cover center and said they'd be running it to the right....and they ran it right.   He knows his stuff.  

WPG Gizmo

Yes that is true and the team spends that money not on big name players but more on players that make the team a cohesive unit that wins.  As a group Patriot players win they are a cohesive unit but when you look at Patriot players that are no longer with the team the ones that went chasing the big money what are they doing now besides sitting on the couch watching the Pat go to another SB without them.