ruff hunter

Old man Tom Brady. GOAT 🐐!

steveziv

Before the game I had thought a KC/LA Super Bowl would be nice but when the fourth quarter rolled around I couldn't help myself, I just love to see the Patriots machine in action.

As far as the KC bench goes, nobody looked more dazed than Andy Reid when they took the lead but left two minutes on the clock.

I don't know if officiating is better or worse than ever, maybe its just more scrutinized.  I've noticed that what will be allowed in the secondary is very different from game to game.  They allowed a lot contact in the LA/NO game but I feel like they called the NE/KC game tighter.

Lastly, Romo is awesome in the booth.  A guy like Collinsworth will prattle off a bunch of jargon and you have no idea what he's talking about.  Romo actually explains it and educates the viewer, helping you to understand the game within the game.  In the 4th quarter he said, "if the safety steps up, he'll throw to Gronk".  At that point the rest of the field went away, I watched the safety, he stepped up, the ball went straight to Gronk, first down.  That was really cool, thanks Tony.

Don Steese

I'm a Packers fan, no idea why, but I am. That being said, when they're out of it, which happens much more often than I'd like these days, I find myself, more and more, pulling for the Pats. In a do or die situation they're a pure joy to watch!  Hope they win another one. 

As to bad calls, they're part of the game in my opinion, and I think over the course of a season, tend to even out. You'll win some games because of bad calls and lose some because of bad calls. Too bad when it has to happen in the biggest games of the year though. Think of the pressure on the refs in those games.

I did football play-by-play for 30 years, two or three games a weekend. Best times of my broadcast career but my wife hated it when football season rolled around. Watching sports these days I have to choke back bile at some of the constant over analysis. TMI, comes to mind, but there are guys like Romo I guess that do add to ones enjoyment of the game. 

chilly460

Yep, when Mahomes threw to the endzone, into double coverage btw, on first down with 3min left in the game I was wondering WTH Reid and Mahomes were thinking.  Besides almost being picked off, it took no time off the clock if it scores, and it left them in 2nd and 10 which meant passing downs from there out.   It's like Reid just doesn't have a feel for these things.  Little Bill also has the luxury of knowing that he can just go throw 6-8yd patterns with Brady executing to perfection in that situation and milk the clock....Mahomes isn't to that level of execution yet.  

Jacksdad
4 minutes ago, chilly460 said:

Yep, when Mahomes threw to the endzone, into double coverage btw, on first down with 3min left in the game I was wondering WTH Reid and Mahomes were thinking.  Besides almost being picked off, it took no time off the clock if it scores, and it left them in 2nd and 10 which meant passing downs from there out.   It's like Reid just doesn't have a feel for these things.  Little Bill also has the luxury of knowing that he can just go throw 6-8yd patterns with Brady executing to perfection in that situation and milk the clock....Mahomes isn't to that level of execution yet.  

That was a stunningly bad play choice.  As I recall he got hit on the play but why take the chance?  seemed like a rookie coach move. 

steveziv

On a related note.  It blows my mind to think all those wins and championships and super bowls could have belonged to the Cleveland Browns.  I lived there when they ran Belichik out of town, before running the entire team out of town.  As I recall the press led the charge and the players joined in, notably Bernie Kosar, while Modell was occupied with trying to get the city to to replace their 70 y.o. stadium. 

gunsrus

Huge Pats fan here . I will admit after seeing such a great game last week I wasn't sure they would be able to do it again . 

Never doubt them . B and B are great and i think I'll give a shout out to McDaniels too . His play calling just never seems to bog the offense , something i think KC did in the final minutes . They are a Dynasty !

GB Jack
4 minutes ago, gunsrus said:

Huge Pats fan here . I will admit after seeing such a great game last week I wasn't sure they would be able to do it again . 

Never doubt them . B and B are great and i think I'll give a shout out to McDaniels too . His play calling just never seems to bog the offense , something i think KC did in the final minutes . They are a Dynasty !

This is all your doing isn’t it . You gave them a “ win one for the Gipper speech” didn’t you? 

WPG Gizmo

Just think it was the Rams Patriots game on Feb 3rd 2002 that started the dynasty and here we are all those years later back at the same game but only 1 player and coach left that will have been at both games 

GB Jack

Haha, it’s funny cause it’s true. We’re all “

haters” I recognize the excellence of BB, he’s amazing. 

8BA5DD28-FD4D-4153-BCC8-CE2D3FDC535C.jpeg

6A2F93FB-73F9-48E3-9C70-1A1EE6E5F39C.jpeg

bill
19 hours ago, ruff hunter said:

You know I’m not the biggest Tom Brady fan , but he is the Greatest I’ve ever seen in the big games. I know others are better in certain areas of the game of football, but when it’s all said and done...... 30 years from now..... all anyone will say is  “ Wow , he played in how many Super Bowls? “

Only way u can beat Mr cool is have a defense that can keep alot pressure on him sacks hurried etc then u can beat him> Plus refs seem be cutting NE some slack saw few penalties shouldn't, been called Go Rams 

bill
10 hours ago, WPG Gizmo said:

The problem we have in New England is that we have been to the SB so many time with the Tom and Bill show that it has become the norm and when they are gone which is not that far into the future it is likely that we will sink lower then the Cleveland Brown

Think Browns are a good team in making everything comes in cycles ( Sun doesn't,t shine on same dogs ^&&% every day)

Jazz4Brazo
8 hours ago, NHBirddogger said:

That explains it. Brady reacts and audibles at the line, Romo has the benefit of looking from above. I do like Romo as an announcer.

I like Romo as an announcer...he exudes that he's having fun watching/appreciating the game at a technical level and sharing that with the viewers.

Romo, an ex-QB, has an advantage on making those reads, from above, no pressure, can see the field whereas Brady has to do it while managing everything else, player position, clock, reads, adrenaline (physically and emotionally)...yep the GOAT has ice in them veins, is a great intellectual player, knows his limits, has a 6th sense for the feel of the game (internal clock on time to release the ball, collapsing pocket, read progression, throw it away to avoid a sack) and on and on.

But at the end of the day this is now more entertainment than sport...oh well it's still enjoyable but I don't get out shape if they lose or win...but nice to see them win yet again 🙂

And one could argue if the Patriots lose the toss in OT the Chiefs go to the SuperBowl...lots of ways for chance to play a big role in who wins at this level.

NHBirddogger
2 minutes ago, Jazz4Brazo said:

I like Romo as an announcer...he exudes that he's having fun watching/appreciating the game at a technical level and sharing that with the viewers.

Romo, an ex-QB, has an advantage on making those reads, from above, no pressure, can see the field whereas Brady has to do it while managing everything else, player position, clock, reads, adrenaline (physically and emotionally)...yep the GOAT has ice in them veins, is a great intellectual player, knows his limits, has a 6th sense for the feel of the game (internal clock on time to release the ball, collapsing pocket, read progression, throw it away to avoid a sack) and on and on.

But at the end of the day this is now more entertainment than sport...oh well it's still enjoyable but I don't get out shape if they lose or win...but nice to see them win yet again 🙂

And one could argue if the Patriots lose the toss in OT the Chiefs go to the SuperBowl...lots of ways for chance to play a big role in who wins at this level.

Yup, right now I just hope the refs don't decide the outcome, may the best team win.

MN Tonester

GB Jack, that's pretty funny.

he is the Greatest I’ve ever seen in the big games

I totally agree.  I really didn't care too much who won yesterday, but my son was visiting and absolutely hates the Saints because of the 'bounty' that had been put on key opponent players (including Favre when he played for the Vikings).  He was quite thrilled with the outcome.  I am a Minnesotan who only gets interested in pro football during the playoffs, but generally like the Packers and Pats.  Other than that, I dislike pro sports because of the thug mentality that exists in much of it, esp basketball and football

quailguy
1 hour ago, Jazz4Brazo said:

Romo I think did one helluva good job as the color guy. Best I can remember.  I’ve always liked the guy, even when he was running for his life every Sunday as a result of Dallas crappy O line.  He got the blame for lousy play calling and a mediocre line. 

Whoever said Belicheck  was playing chess while Reid was loosing at checkers is spot on.  And Brady played his normal super human game while all the other Pats played at their normal but overlooked championship level.  They are a tough  crowd to beat.