REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
ruff hunter

Old man Tom Brady. GOAT 🐐!

jeff88

Thinking about why the Pats are so effing good, this is what I came up with:

1.  Pats seem to go after smart players, I'd bet if BB could get a smart "B" level player versus a dumb "A" he'd go for the B guy every time.  Why?  Because he knows a smart player can be coached.  BB needs that sort of player.  Have you ever seen a Pat out of position?  Only once versus KC was the player really out of place and it was on the Hill catch. BTW, the best KC player not named Mahomes had only one catch?  That is bad@$$ scheming by BB and his staff and it takes above average football smarts for players to get there.  Wonder what the average Wonderlik test score is for NE players?  That would be cool to see especially compared to other teams.  Anyone who thinks Gronk is dumb, is dumb.  Hogan is really smart.  

2.  These Pats are team first in everything they do.  It makes me puke to watch the choreographed dance routines in the NFL.  You don't see the Pats do that - when they score and celebrate, it's as a group.  If you arrive in New England, you either change or you go.  Randy Moss arrived like a prima donna and left like a good teammate.  Teams that play like one entity are much harder to beat.  I'd liken the Pats to being as close to an NHL team than any other, and that is a high compliment.

3.  BB is brilliant.  As Bum Phillips once said of Bear Bryant,  he could take your'n and beat his'n,  he can take his'n and beat your'n.  BB knows all three facets of the game better than anyone:  O, Dee and Special Teams.  I bet he could be an assistant in any one of these areas better than the one's he's got.f they can't get in Brady's

My take for the SB is that the Rams are the kind of team that could give them trouble as they have a dee line that equals the only teams the Pats have lost to in the SB:  Giants and Eagles.

chilly460

It’ll be an interesting SB, great old coach vs the new whiz kid, great old qb vs young qb, Rams pass rush vs Brady, Belichek defense vs Rams offense...

Agreed that Rams have a chance because they can get after the qb without blitzing.  I still think Pats win, Belichek vs young QB and an inexperienced team and coach that’ll have jitters early.  Rams are best when they run it, it’ll be interesting to see if McVay is patient enough and D is good enough early to let them stick with ground game

snood

I don't know who I hate more, the Pats or the Red Sox😂

gunsrus
10 minutes ago, snood said:

I don't know who I hate more, the Pats or the Red Sox😂

You just got taken off my Christmas list !😜

Brad Eden

Pats win so much because of all the energy that is saved up from not celebrating like they found the cure for cancer every time they are successful doing their job.

john mcg

Toni and I were just talking about this...again.

BB is a genius of football and just as has been said. He knows how to pick them.

Also...gonna be interesting to see sans Brady.

Does anyone even know the BUs name?

Another 7th rounder?

lol

ruff hunter
26 minutes ago, john mcg said:

Toni and I were just talking about this...again.

BB is a genius of football and just as has been said. He knows how to pick them.

Also...gonna be interesting to see sans Brady.

Does anyone even know the BUs name?

Another 7th rounder?

lol

Brian Hoyer..... there was a big rif supposedly that Brady went to BobKraft and wanted Jimmy G gone, and the next thing you know he was 😛

Jazz4Brazo
1 hour ago, gunsrus said:

You just got taken off my Christmas list !😜

Oooo... does this move me up the Fox list???

Millriver

IMG_3241.PNG

Up North

You got to admit this one is humorous.

B1EC957C-E892-4A35-9F39-C03F0C8BBDBC.png

Brad Eden

There are reports that a fan was shining a laser at Brady during the AFC title game. It's being investigated. Even lasers to the eye can't stop the GOAT, apparently.

Brady/Laser/AFC game

jeff88
12 hours ago, chilly460 said:

It’ll be an interesting SB, great old coach vs the new whiz kid, great old qb vs young qb, Rams pass rush vs Brady, Belichek defense vs Rams offense...

Agreed that Rams have a chance because they can get after the qb without blitzing.  I still think Pats win, Belichek vs young QB and an inexperienced team and coach that’ll have jitters early.  Rams are best when they run it, it’ll be interesting to see if McVay is patient enough and D is good enough early to let them stick with ground game

The Eagles and Giants (twice) were able to attack Brady down the middle and hit him fairly often especially early on in the SBs the Pats lost.  Seems that if he has to move laterally, it greatly lowers his completion percentage.  Donald and Suh are those kind of players.  If they can push Brady out of the pocket early and often it takes a lot of time of possession away from the Pats.  BTW, they were double the possession time versus the Chiefs.  Rams also have to put together a better running game than the Chiefs did.  While I believe the Pats win, they can be had by tough Dee lines where their opponents only need 4 to attack.

jeff88
3 minutes ago, Brad Eden said:

There are reports that a fan was shining a laser at Brady during the AFC title game. It's being investigated. Even lasers to the eye can't stop the GOAT, apparently.

Brady/Laser/AFC game

Hmmmmmm, good discussion topic emerging here:  What load would you need to stop Brady?  Am thinking a 3" turkey load.

(Am about to experience my 1st post hole.)

GB Jack
5 minutes ago, jeff88 said:

Hmmmmmm, good discussion topic emerging here:  What load would you need to stop Brady?  Am thinking a 3" turkey load.

(Am about to experience my 1st post hole.)

Make him eat gluten and sleep for only 7 hours a day. Kryptonyte 

quailguy
4 hours ago, Brad Eden said:

Pats win so much because of all the energy that is saved up from not celebrating like they found the cure for cancer every time they are successful doing their job.

Lord I hate all those idiot celebrations. The  Cowboys  great Emitt Smith used to say. “Act like you’ve been there before”.