Jump to content
REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
aje4

Dodge Ram Trucks?

Recommended Posts

Curt

The community I live in refuses to use salt regardless of winter conditions.  Instead they drop cinders and plenty of them which become a pain to clean up in early spring but do no lasting damage.  There was a lot of bitching several years back when they started this but seems now folks are coming round to their thinking, which is good because they aren't changing things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
River19
3 hours ago, Brad Eden said:

Rusted vehicles are part of living in the Northeast. "Permanent" undercoating only lasts so long. The new  Fluid Film lubricant stuff applied on undercarriage/frame once a year has become popular. I have a friend who lives in New England and is now vacationing in FL. He is looking to but a used FL truck to drive home, and start the rusting process.

 

FWIW. Dodge trucks are the truck of choice in south central TX, preferably dually's with huge grill guards. 

 

Granted I have a Ram 2500 and the larger Hemi 6.4L but regardless of that fact....

 

My interpretation of your Texas observation is the market in many states like TX prefers the Cummins and that for good or bad comes wrapped in a Ram.  The old joke is I didn't buy the Ram, I bought the Cummins and it came with the Ram.

 

The good news is the Rams have improved leaps and bounds in quality etc. from where they were a decade ago.  When I bought my 2014, the redesign that year was leaps and bounds above the competition as I am brand agnostic in the heavy duty/super duty/pecker measuring segment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tut
6 hours ago, Brad Eden said:

Rusted vehicles are part of living in the Northeast. "Permanent" undercoating only lasts so long. The new  Fluid Film lubricant stuff applied on undercarriage/frame once a year has become popular. I have a friend who lives in New England and is now vacationing in FL. He is looking to but a used FL truck to drive home, and start the rusting process.

 

FWIW. Dodge trucks are the truck of choice in south central TX, preferably dually's with huge grill guards. 

 

They love those Dually's in Texas.  Always assumed it was so they could tow big cattle trailers full of long horns.  

Header Truck Trailer Cows in Pasture IMG_0522.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
whiskyjack

I have a 2014 RAM Sport pkg, absolutely the best truck I have ever owned. Great mileage, power to spare in the HEMI. Awesome creature comforts.Only issue I have has was broken exhaust manifold bolts last Fall. More of an annoyance.

Funny thing about it though, there isn't a CD player in it. That took some getting used to. One more reason to love Willies Road House on the SAT.

It is my daily drive so it has racked up the miles or kilometers here, currently at just past190,000 km. I expect to get quite a few years out of it yet. Keep up the maint and your RAM will last.

Jeff

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kgb
18 hours ago, whiskyjack said:

I have a 2014 RAM Sport pkg, absolutely the best truck I have ever owned. Great mileage, power to spare in the HEMI. Awesome creature comforts.Only issue I have has was broken exhaust manifold bolts last Fall. More of an annoyance.

Funny thing about it though, there isn't a CD player in it. That took some getting used to. One more reason to love Willies Road House on the SAT.

It is my daily drive so it has racked up the miles or kilometers here, currently at just past190,000 km. I expect to get quite a few years out of it yet. Keep up the maint and your RAM will last.

Jeff

 

 

What is great mileage for a Ram (mpg, not km/l as I'm easily confused by numbers) ?  My Dakota hasn't been great at lows of 12mpg in the winter to 17mpg at best on the highway.  It does have both a cassette AND CD player, I dread buying anything newer.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Peent

Look up dodge in the dictionary. It says “to avoid”. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kgb
4 hours ago, Peent said:

Look up dodge in the dictionary. It says “to avoid”. 

 

That's about as silly as this:

 

 

ChryslerThanksAd.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dogrunner
8 hours ago, kgb said:

 

That's about as silly as this:

 

 

ChryslerThanksAd.jpg

Hey that thang got a Hemi in it?    😁😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
whiskyjack
On 3/2/2019 at 4:16 PM, kgb said:

 

What is great mileage for a Ram (mpg, not km/l as I'm easily confused by numbers) ?  My Dakota hasn't been great at lows of 12mpg in the winter to 17mpg at best on the highway.  It does have both a cassette AND CD player, I dread buying anything newer.

 

I'll have to check the truck data then convert to mpg. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
doodlecrazy

I get 21-23mpg at 65mph and no wind and 15mpg pulling my boat which is HEAVY.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×