Dodge Ram Trucks?

12 minutes ago, uplandave said:

I bought my first Dodge Ram, a 2500 with a 6.4L Hemi, and so far I really like it. Pulling my 17 foot Ranger and a bunch of supplies I was getting 13 MPG. Only have 5000 miles on it so time will tell how reliable it is but hoping it won’t be any worse than the Fords and Chevys I’ve owned. Dave

Had the 6.4L since mid 2015.......you will love it

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• River19

• Birdcountry70

• Grouseman_1

• kgb

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have owned a string of 3500 and 2500 Rams, all diesel.  They have been reliable and all were over 250,000 miles when sold for better than expected money.  I am about to purchase a 2019 but it will p

A major "pet peeve" here in Ma .  An inch of snow is coming , we got plenty of money , let's spread a ton of salt on the ground so that these poor souls can get out of their driveway . RIDICULOUS

I was wondering if anyone would pick up on that lol.  Sadly yes, Snow, ice, sun, rain,......rinse repeat.   After a light snow or ice event you could cure a ham on any of our roads.  The par

Posted Images

On 2/5/2019 at 2:07 PM, WI Outdoor Nut said:

My truck never looks as clean as yours off the beaten path.  Do you hit mud puddles going 2-3 mph?  Photos of your truck always look great!

We pick our roads wisely

Either that or I don’t take pics of a dirty truck

Not sure which...

i-z6tK2hS-L.jpg

Had an 02 I bought new that was nothing but problems and now have an 05 that I love. Only 75 K on it and I got it for under 9 grand. What's not to love??  Zero problems so far!!

9 hours ago, ThomGordon said:

We pick our roads wisely

Either that or I don’t take pics of a dirty truck

Not sure which...

i-z6tK2hS-L.jpg

Talk to dodge this pic would look great in a sales brochure..... Nice !

• 2 weeks later...

Being a Ford guy and the product of a GM employee, I thought I 'd give the Dodge Ram a look see. My only experience with Dodge was that I was told they were Dodgey: whatever that means.  After much consideration, I pulled the trigger on a Quad cab 1500 with the Diesel 6cyl Eco boost.  This rides smoother than the GM without any of the bounce found in the Ford.  Mama refers to it as the Chariot.  I currently get 25mpg, and 420lbs of torque when I need it.  The interior is impressive.  Overall its pretty badass.

Birdcountry70
On 2/8/2019 at 4:41 AM, Jacksdad said:

gotta be photoshopped, you can't see rust over the rear wheels!

;)

I feel fortunate to live in a part of the country where they don't salt the roads.  Last fall I spent a few weeks in Minneapolis and was surprised to see late model vehicles with rust through.  I didn't notice any brands that seemed immune.  I bet if I gave someone an hour to drive around my town and find a rusted through vehicle under 20 years old they couldn't do it. I would feel terrible about driving a decent vehicle through the winter salt/slop knowing what it was doing to the steel. I imagine nobody would drive a classic pick up or SUV in the winter?

41 minutes ago, Birdcountry70 said:

I feel fortunate to live in a part of the country where they don't salt the roads.  Last fall I spent a few weeks in Minneapolis and was surprised to see late model vehicles with rust through.  I didn't notice any brands that seemed immune.  I bet if I gave someone an hour to drive around my town and find a rusted through vehicle under 20 years old they couldn't do it. I would feel terrible about driving a decent vehicle through the winter salt/slop knowing what it was doing to the steel. I imagine nobody would drive a classic pick up or SUV in the winter?

I remember my first hunting trip to Wyoming in November. I commented to my buddy that I saw no plow frames on trucks (odd being from NorthEast). I was informed from my hosts that only sand (really gravel) was applied to roads and to watch out for black ice. Saw some really nice old Ford Broncos too! In the Northeast the populace expects dry roads the day after a snowstorm and it is common to see white roads not from the snow but from all the damn salt applied! I figure if I can get 12/13 years from a truck then its time to go before everything rusts out!

Being in the salt belt sucks donkey weenie........ WMassGRiff......tell me about it.  White everywhere and not snow.  I don't drive my newest vehicle around until a long rain has washed it all away.  Crazy

3 hours ago, River19 said:

Being in the salt belt sucks donkey weenie........ WMassGRiff......tell me about it.  White everywhere and not snow.  I don't drive my newest vehicle around until a long rain has washed it all away.  Crazy

You must live in the Northeast because you are waiting for a long rain in the middle of winter to wash away the salt.

Before the next Nor'easter blows in a foot of wintry mix (i.e. slop) fondly called snow...and it starts all over...slop/salt/rain...slop/salt/rain...having fun yet 😄

5 hours ago, Jazz4Brazo said:

You must live in the Northeast because you are waiting for a long rain in the middle of winter to wash away the salt.

Before the next Nor'easter blows in a foot of wintry mix (i.e. slop) fondly called snow...and it starts all over...slop/salt/rain...slop/salt/rain...having fun yet 😄

I was wondering if anyone would pick up on that lol.  Sadly yes, Snow, ice, sun, rain,......rinse repeat.

After a light snow or ice event you could cure a ham on any of our roads.  The parking lot at work literally has 1/2" chunks of on the side walks and everything is white with salt, friggin' silly.

1 hour ago, River19 said:

I was wondering if anyone would pick up on that lol.  Sadly yes, Snow, ice, sun, rain,......rinse repeat.

After a light snow or ice event you could cure a ham on any of our roads.  The parking lot at work literally has 1/2" chunks of on the side walks and everything is white with salt, friggin' silly.

A major "pet peeve" here in Ma . 

An inch of snow is coming , we got plenty of money , let's spread a ton of salt on the ground so that these poor souls can get out of their driveway . RIDICULOUS and a waste . 

I don’t miss it.

Far too many these days can’t drive or stop up north.

Hey, it’s a light intersection or a stop sign.....

Rusted vehicles are part of living in the Northeast. "Permanent" undercoating only lasts so long. The new  Fluid Film lubricant stuff applied on undercarriage/frame once a year has become popular. I have a friend who lives in New England and is now vacationing in FL. He is looking to but a used FL truck to drive home, and start the rusting process.

FWIW. Dodge trucks are the truck of choice in south central TX, preferably dually's with huge grill guards. 

As the salt talks continue, what's your take on the effects on your lawn?  I do not go crazy about mine, I mow mine when it needs and try to keep ahead of the crabgrass.  Our neighborhood's walkways leave a couple feet of lawn between them and the curb, when the plowing of snow carries salt, sand and whatever else they've put down onto that strip of grass I figure it to be killing or weakening the growth.  To that end I do not spread any street snow out into the greater lawn, but wonder if it's to blame for any grass ills that pop up during the summer.

Ah, mid-winter musings.