Remo

HUNTING ND? MAYBE NOT

Randy S
20 hours ago, robp said:

The common response is if I wanted to be bothered and have to give permission I would have posted it. 

I've had the same response when requesting permission in ND. 

I wonder why post painting state's landowners haven't developed their own paint color allowing hunting without specific permission. I'll volunteer to paint their posts for them!

Remo

Bump.  Sportsmen are having a positive effect on ND State Senators, big time. If we can get a Do Not Pass from the ag committee we can kill this bill on the floor.

KEEP THE PRESSURE ON THEM! WE MUST DEFEAT THIS BILL! EMAIL THE COMMITTEE TODAY! ENCOURAGE A "DO NOT PASS"

Senate Bill 2315

Senate Ag Committee 
Larry Luick – Chair – lluick@nd.gov
Jane Myrdal – Vice Chair - jmyrdal@nd.gov
Kathy Hogan - khogan@nd.gov
Jerry Klein - jklein@nd.gov
Oley Larson - olarsen@nd.gov
Arne Osland - aosland@nd.gov

Sage Hen

Thanks for the update. I've got all four of my sons involved, not hard to do after they have seen what has happened in their home state.

Remo

The word just in the ag committee hearing this bill is split and they are holding the up the vote.

gjw
23 minutes ago, Remo said:

The word just in the ag committee hearing this bill is split and they are holding the up the vote.

Hey, well, that's good news.  Do you know if the bill will be shelved or will they take another vote?  On a side note, the Senator from my district sponsored a similar bill a couple years back, so contacting him would be a moot point, his mind is closed and he has so stated (so much for the will of the people).  I can see the other sides views, but I think it's pure bull for some to say, it takes so much of their time to post their land.  I don't know of one rancher who does not check their fences, it takes all of a minute to nail up a sign.  Corner post or point of entry is all they have to post.  One Rancher/farmer even said he spends more $$ on signs than he did on his wedding.  Must have been a cheap wedding IMO.  The present law has and is working, don't fix something that ain't broke!

Fingers crossed this is dead.

Best,

Greg

Canuck
1 hour ago, Remo said:

So the issue is still up in he air then?
Thanks Remo

Remo
1 hour ago, gjw said:

Hey, well, that's good news.  Do you know if the bill will be shelved or will they take another vote?  On a side note, the Senator from my district sponsored a similar bill a couple years back, so contacting him would be a moot point, his mind is closed and he has so stated (so much for the will of the people).  I can see the other sides views, but I think it's pure bull for some to say, it takes so much of their time to post their land.  I don't know of one rancher who does not check their fences, it takes all of a minute to nail up a sign.  Corner post or point of entry is all they have to post.  One Rancher/farmer even said he spends more $$ on signs than he did on his wedding.  Must have been a cheap wedding IMO.  The present law has and is working, don't fix something that ain't broke!

Fingers crossed this is dead.

Best,

Greg

X2.  The bill is still alive, just in temporary limbo. The ag committee has to vote and send their recommendation to the whole senate for a floor vote. If it is voted down, it is dead. If it passes the senate it goes through the whole process again in the state House of Representatives.

One of the keys to killing it is to get a split vote from the ag committee, like 2-4 or 3-3. That shows the senate there is dissention. Very important.

Senate Bill 2315

Senate Ag Committee 
Larry Luick – Chair – lluick@nd.gov
Jane Myrdal – Vice Chair - jmyrdal@nd.gov
Kathy Hogan - khogan@nd.gov
Jerry Klein - jklein@nd.gov
Oley Larson - olarsen@nd.gov
Arne Osland - aosland@nd.gov

Randy S

Sent a new series of emails. Always chaps me that the wealthy aren't satisfied with the luxury of ownership and standard of living that money provides. They always seem to want everyone's freedom too.  

Big Al
3 hours ago, Randy S said:

Sent a new series of emails. Always chaps me that the wealthy aren't satisfied with the luxury of ownership and standard of living that money provides. They always seem to want everyone's freedom too.  

Sick'em Remo!

Quite frankly I find your statement out of line and totally out of touch.

Remo

Update: The Ag Committee just hog housed the bill by striking all language and inserting wording for a voluntary electronic data base. The choices would be POSTED, ASK FIRST, OPEN. It is going to be chit storm to try to implement that one. More to come.

Pretty obvious the bill sponsors did not have the votes to go all no trespass.

gjw
50 minutes ago, Remo said:

Update: The Ag Committee just hog housed the bill by striking all language and inserting wording for a voluntary electronic data base. The choices would be POSTED, ASK FIRST, OPEN. It is going to be chit storm to try to implement that one. More to come.

Pretty obvious the bill sponsors did not have the votes to go all no trespass.

Now that's interesting.  So...how much is this going to cost and who's paying?  In a perfect world it might work.  But the way land changes hands here, you'd have to update that data base daily or at least weekly.  I have a gut feeling this won't go either (I Hope!). 

Thanks Remo for all the updates!  Sure do appreciate the updates....keep them coming!

Best,

Greg

Remo

NDGF will be charged with setting it up. $$ too from them, our license money. There is a meeting tomorrow with the principal stakeholders, we'll see. I think Sen. Erble caved.

gjw
14 hours ago, Remo said:

NDGF will be charged with setting it up. $$ too from them, our license money. There is a meeting tomorrow with the principal stakeholders, we'll see. I think Sen. Erble caved.

Sounds about right!  You know, I really don't mind paying a couple bucks more for a license,  if it goes to conservation and habitat programs.  But a boondoggle like this is IMO a waste of $$.  I can about imagine the cost to implement and maintain this "Data Base" .  The G&F is shorthanded enough and now they have this project to contend with. It looks like common sense is gone out the window on this one.  I think we have a great G&F Department and they do their best for the limit funds they have.  This will just take away from other more relevant projects.

BTW, I contacted the Ag Senators, but have not gotten a response yet.  How about you folks who contacted them?

Thanks again Remo for the updates!

Best,

Greg

Remo

Friday afternoon the lead sponsor pulled the bill language again and did not release the new wording to the committee hearing the bill. So the bill is still in the wind.

Brookieslayer
On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 1:25 PM, Remo said:

Friday afternoon the lead sponsor pulled the bill language again and did not release the new wording to the committee hearing the bill. So the bill is still in the wind.

thanks for the updates!