HUNTING ND? MAYBE NOT

I have a friend that makes the annul trek to ND every year.  He says that he used to could just knock on any door to duck hunt and they’d more times than not  , let him hunt.  For the past several years those same farmers are now charging an access fee. I get it you have something everybody’s got so pay to play.  I’m guessing this is part of the reason the legislators are trying to pass this bill.  My one time I hunted it was in *********   We primarily hunted private land that we had access to before we got there but also hunted the walk in lands and knocked on doors.  It was a blast.  We were duck hunting primarily but I switched to phez and grouse pretty quick once I kept seeing them all the time.   

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Remo

• sharptail grouse

• GB Jack

• gjw

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not every landowner enjoys the stream of hunters asking for permission. They get lunches, dinners, tv shows, tractor repairs and everything else interrupted by hunters. They can easily lose a couple o

No, they have a treadmill mentality that crop acres, any crop acres, are better than taking the poor quality land out of production to lower costs. Taxpayers subsidize it through the farm program. At

It's DEAD!  By 4 votes. A heartfelt thank you to those who helped. Remo

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

The bill language that was voted out 2 weeks ago has been put back into the bill. It will be floor voted today in the Senate at 1PM and if passed in the House at 4 PM. I'll try to get a link for the live feed video. I have never seen a Sh** show in ND politics like this one and I have followed wildlife legeslation here for 20 years. It's like the Bundy boys came out of hibernation.

What a bunch of CRAP!!!  This really P's me off!  I hope "our" legislators still have some common sense left (I doubt it!) and kill this bill.

Thanks for the update.  Keep us posted.

Greg

The Senate just pulled the bill from todays schedule. "Somebody" said they want to "fix" some of the wording. Two years in the making for this bill and 2 hours infront of the vote it isnt ready yet. I'm betting they don't have the votes and they know it.

55 minutes ago, Remo said:

The Senate just pulled the bill from todays schedule. "Somebody" said they want to "fix" some of the wording. Two years in the making for this bill and 2 hours infront of the vote it isnt ready yet. I'm betting they don't have the votes and they know it.

I have a gut feeling your right.  But, what a crappy way to conduct business however.  What a bunch of back room smoke filled politicians, the will of the people.....right!

Fingers crossed it's dead!

Greg 

I've got nothing acceptable to add. I keep trying, but my profanity meter triggers the delete key. Keep up the good fight guys! 

Alaskan Swamp Collie

In this day and age we seldom get to vote for someone with views similar to ours. Instead we have to vote for the "lesser" of two evils and end up with a choice that is bought and paid for by some special interests. These special interests never have the small individual voter or even what is right for the majority of the population in mind. A thought full politician that listens to the voters and not the lobbyists is very rare these days. Common sense is dead to these people. Keep up the fight and best of luck. And I agree with Randy it is hard not to be totally pi@#$% at your legislatures.

Im

not sure a piece of legislation  has ever physically and mentally exhausted me , till

this. Jesus , chit or get off  the pot. I thought wisconsin was bad .

http://video.legis.nd.gov/  is the link for for the Senate floor vote at 1 PM today. (supposedly)  If they don't pull the bill again.....

Edit: Passed in the Senate, House vote at 4PM.  200,000 ND fishermen just went under the bus.

Thanks Dick,  I don't think some understood what a big deal this was.  Course the counties south of me just ended free range in the late 60's and early 70's.  The latest here is blocking the road to the river so it reverts back after 7 years.  Hard to float a small mouth or trout stream if there is no access.  Or you could pay $200 a day to shoot pen raised birds in SD and call it good.   Lack  of access will  be the end of hunting in this country IMHO.