Bummed out, bad news

16 minutes ago, bobman said:

The real problem is immigration without the desire to assimilate into the American culture America doesn’t have a nationality and never did.

immigration was stopped from the 1920s until the late 50s to allow the last wave of immigrants to assimilate 

current interests encourage balkinization to be to be able to pit one group against the other and that’s going to lead to very bad things for everyone 

new immigrants must be assimilated to become successful in our great country 

And lastly immigration goals should be for our country’s citizens benefit not for the immigrant 

Well said bobman. 

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Possumtown

• terrym

• Brad Eden

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright. Looks like everyone pretty well agrees. The world is spiraling down the hopper. Here’s my suggestion: lets all pool our resources and you guys can come up here and we buy a great big chu

And every bit as delectable!! I told my cardiologist what was in it and HE had a heart attack!!

I don't see any 'got to have kids' campaign. Maybe I am missing something. Having children is the most life changing and wonderful thing that has ever happened to me. Not for everybody, but I highly r

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Possumtown said:

Read in the paper that a 400 acre farm down the road is gonna be developed with 1600 houses,apartments and townhomes(I don't even know what a "townhome" is) and it's making me sick. My family has lived here since 1786 and it has always been home.... not anymore.

I don't care much about deer hunting more than a freezer filler and once I could get in my treestand below the house and in a couple of sits I was good to go,same with turkeys in the spring but  they are gone now because of all the subdivisions being built all around me. I used to see both daily,but in 6 sits this year I saw 1 yearling doe and let her walk.

It use to be really nice here, now it seems 1/4 of the population of the north and of California has moved here, we use to have farms and all open land,trucks outnumbered cars 4 to 1 and it was a good place to live, now it's destroyed farmland,tacky subdivisions full of butt ugly houses,yankees, and unbearable traffic.. it sucks and I'm starting to hate it here.

Yes the urban sprawl never ends especially in the South. All the jobs from up north moved south do cheaper labor lower taxes& milder climate, I feel your pain.

When I was a teenager in Jr. High and High school in the 70's there was much talk about "Zero Population Growth" among other things like adopting the Metric System and Earth Day etc.....

What the Hell happened to the idea that maybe we are simply over populating  the planet never mind our own country.  One of my pet peeves that doesn't get any traction anymore.😡

1 hour ago, Brad Eden said:

Heads down the political path and it goes Poof.

Brad, that is probably a good idea, it’s an unsolvable problem. Sorry I brought it up. 

50 minutes ago, Brad Eden said:

For Pete’s sake, Brad, give it some time to breathe.

1 hour ago, Brad Eden said:

35 minutes ago, Possumtown said:

Brad, that is probably a good idea, it’s an unsolvable problem. Sorry I brought it up. 

Nothing to be sorry about. Good Topic, and interesting. I just dont want to see it get too Political and end up getting moderated. 

Welcome to the Board by the way.

7 hours ago, dogrunner said:

Nope, City Slickers. 

nope....farmers that sell to developers just to make a few million....then complain about all the city slickers....no?

we have the same issue here. so much farm land was turned into developments that the province reclassified  a lot of farm land as farming only....then the farmers.....and their kids, that wanted a pay day...complained they couldn't sell to the highest bidder..... can't eat your cake and have it too.

Alright. Looks like everyone pretty well agrees. The world is spiraling down the hopper. Here’s my suggestion:

lets all pool our resources and you guys can come up here and we buy a great big chunk of Alberta. Fabulous upland and waterfowl, huge whitetail, moose, elk and sheep in the Rockies ( for the younger guys who don’t have plastic knees yet). Your money is worth 125% up here and don’t think they have sales tax yet. Maybe we can get Hong in on it and we would all eat well too. Being charitable men we would even allow flushing dogs, and ugly ones too. You pussys would have to learn how to drink real beer but somehow I don’t think it’s a deal breaker with this bunch. Just throwing it out there.........

It has certainly grown in population around here! The turkeys aren't too far away though and the deer are still here among the houses but must be taken a bit more clandestinely than before. The traffic is worse too. We still get biscuits with our KFC instead of grits. Were hanging in there.

Just now, Kurt said:

We still get biscuits with our KFC instead of grits. Were hanging in there.

As embarrassed as I am to admit it, I have never eaten grits. Do they taste anything like Poutine?