• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Possumtown

• terrym

• Brad Eden

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright. Looks like everyone pretty well agrees. The world is spiraling down the hopper. Here’s my suggestion: lets all pool our resources and you guys can come up here and we buy a great big chu

And every bit as delectable!! I told my cardiologist what was in it and HE had a heart attack!!

I don't see any 'got to have kids' campaign. Maybe I am missing something. Having children is the most life changing and wonderful thing that has ever happened to me. Not for everybody, but I highly r

Posted Images

😳 I don’t know what Potine is but if it’s as good as grits , smoked sausage,cat heads and chocolate pudding , it’s good!

Just now, Possumtown said:

😳 I don’t know what Potine is but if it’s as good as grits , smoked sausage,cat heads and chocolate pudding , it’s good!

French fries smothered in cheese curds and beef gravy. Try it and you’ll never eat fries with Ketchup again. 

Sorry for sidetracking the thread boys. Back to the dark clouds. 

17 minutes ago, terrym said:

As embarrassed as I am to admit it, I have never eaten grits. Do they taste anything like Poutine?

not even close.  poutine is a treat.  grits are a preview of what you'll get fed when you get to a nursing home and can't chew your food.  

23 minutes ago, terrym said:

Alright. Looks like everyone pretty well agrees. The world is spiraling down the hopper. Here’s my suggestion:

lets all pool our resources and you guys can come up here and we buy a great big chunk of Alberta. Fabulous upland and waterfowl, huge whitetail, moose, elk and sheep in the Rockies. Your money is worth 125% up here. Maybe we can get Hong in on it and we would all eat well too. Being charitable men we would even allow flushing dogs, and ugly ones too. You pussys would have to learn how to drink real beer but somehow I don’t think it’s a deal breaker with this bunch. Just throwing it out there.........

sounds like a winner to me!

6 minutes ago, Jacksdad said:

not even close.  poutine is a treat.  grits are a preview of what you'll get fed when you get to a nursing home and can't chew your food.  

I have them pretty regular but the best ever were in New Orleans before the hurricane at a coffee house in the FQ. Cream milk and sugar cooked. If I was outside that place Ida killed 10 men to get to them. Yumm!!!

Possumtown, 

I feel your pain. Here in North GA I've watched house after house go up. Lost hunting land,  seen fields I loaded hay in become someone's front yard. Watched stores be built where there used to be woods. Farmers are selling off piece by piece. List goes on and on. What I'm seeing is spill over from Atlanta and they pay good compared to what it used to bring. The local political demographic is changing as a result and our commissioners are approving incoming business in kind. Agriculture has given way to development, both residential and commercial. It'll only continue as younger generations inherit the land and have no desire to continue farming because of a variety of reasons. 

I've thought about selling but don't care much for uprooting my kids. It sucks but that's life I suppose. I believe the entire southeast will see it before long. 

And grits are good. So are a few "other corn" products we have here in the south... 

Enough of the other and just about anything taste good though!!!

2 minutes ago, J_ellard said:

Possumtown, 

I feel your pain. Here in North GA I've watched house after house go up. Lost hunting land,  seen fields I loaded hay in become someone's front yard. Watched stores be built where there used to be woods. Farmers are selling off piece by piece. List goes on and on. What I'm seeing is spill over from Atlanta and they pay good compared to what it used to bring. The local political demographic is changing as a result and our commissioners are approving incoming business in kind. Agriculture has given way to development, both residential and commercial. It'll only continue as younger generations inherit the land and have no desire to continue farming because of a variety of reasons. 

I've thought about selling but don't care much for uprooting my kids. It sucks but that's life I suppose. I believe the entire southeast will see it before long. 

Atlanta and Middle Tennessee are caught in the same trap. 👎🏻 We are 40 years behind y’all .  I hope I live long enough to see nashville choke  to death on its “it city” progress.

6 minutes ago, J_ellard said:

And grits are good. So are a few "other corn" products we have here in the south... 

Enough of the other and just about anything taste good though!!!

Easier to transport in liquid form. Hogs are a pain.

40 minutes ago, J_ellard said:

Yes Sir !!

Its been made legal now here, pot will too before long.  The kid land sellers will be kicking themselves for selling ?🤔  I think dope is for dopes and no ad campaign or politician will ever change my mind about it. It’s bad.

1 hour ago, terrym said:

French fries smothered in cheese curds and beef gravy. Try it and you’ll never eat fries with Ketchup again. 

Sorry for sidetracking the thread boys. Back to the dark clouds. 

It sounds ? but what are cheese curds/ beef gravy?  Where / how do you get them? I’m 57 and have never heard those terms before. Are they like dingle berrys?

Cheese curds are uneven lumpy strings of white cheddar. The beef gravy is the dark brown gravy many would put on mashed potatoes. Pour the hot gravy over the fries & cheese and the cheese melts into the fries. It’s as Canadian as maple syrup.