REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
WABBIT-SLAYER

2018 Ford F-150 2.7L Turbo V-6

WABBIT-SLAYER

Well, I pulled the trigger on a 2019 F-150 Lariat Super Crew 4x4, 5.5 foot bed, with the 2.7 turbo V-6. Very quiet and engine & trans operate very smooth. Plenty of power. Have only had it since Monday night and so far averaging 17.5 mpg combined hwy & local driving. The 2009 F-150 Super Crew 4x4 with 6.5 ft. bed and 5.4L V-8 that I traded in was getting 15.8 combined mileage.  Will be putting a cap on it as soon as I can get some price quotes from a couple of dealers. Will be looking at Leer & A.R.E. caps.

jeff88
On 2/15/2019 at 1:24 PM, dogrunner said:

Here’s an old school Ranger 1984. The new one is in high demand and just starting to hit the streets. 

C4187920-8EB1-43FB-A4ED-95061ADA9CEE.jpeg

Notice it's called an Explorer?  Interesting how vehicle names inside a car mfg company get re-used.  Am sure with the development of the Explorer as we know it today somebody @ Ford was itching to use that name again.  Ford recently tried that again with the Galaxy and Taurus names.  

WI Outdoor Nut
2 hours ago, jeff88 said:

Notice it's called an Explorer?  Interesting how vehicle names inside a car mfg company get re-used.  Am sure with the development of the Explorer as we know it today somebody @ Ford was itching to use that name again.  Ford recently tried that again with the Galaxy and Taurus names.  

Yup, it is called a trademark.  The market is so saturated with names that are trademarked that many are going back to what was used many years ago.  For example, Honda had a dune-buggy ATV called the Odyssey in the '80's.  It was reinvented as a Minivan in the 2000's and remains today. 

jeff88
4 minutes ago, WI Outdoor Nut said:

Yup, it is called a trademark.  The market is so saturated with names that are trademarked that many are going back to what was used many years ago.  For example, Honda had a dune-buggy ATV called the Odyssey in the '80's.  It was reinvented as a Minivan in the 2000's and remains today. 

Spot on!  Branding is a huge thing in many industries.  It would be fun to roll up in an Odyssey dune buggy.  Don't think we'll see the return of the Edsel name though.  😎

WABBIT-SLAYER

Well, my 2019 F-150 Lariat Super Crew 4x4 with the 2.7 Turbo v-6 is now averaging 19.4 mpg combined city & hwy. Only have a little over 1,000 miles on it. Very pleased so far.

WI Outdoor Nut
On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 9:36 PM, WABBIT-SLAYER said:

Well, my 2019 F-150 Lariat Super Crew 4x4 with the 2.7 Turbo v-6 is now averaging 19.4 mpg combined city & hwy. Only have a little over 1,000 miles on it. Very pleased so far.

Thanks for the update and glad to hear you like it.  have you done any pulling with it?

dogrunner

I don't consider 19.4 all that great but it should get better after 5,000 miles. 

WABBIT-SLAYER
10 hours ago, WI Outdoor Nut said:

Thanks for the update and glad to hear you like it.  have you done any pulling with it?

No, I don't tow anything.

WABBIT-SLAYER
9 hours ago, dogrunner said:

I don't consider 19.4 all that great but it should get better after 5,000 miles. 

I would like to see 20 mpg. combined and 22 mpg. hwy. Hopefully, as you say, after 5,000 miles.

Reilly Auld
1 hour ago, WABBIT-SLAYER said:

I would like to see 20 mpg. combined and 22 mpg. hwy. Hopefully, as you say, after 5,000 miles.

I have a similarly equipped 2017 F150 and get 23 mpg 

WABBIT-SLAYER

Well, I have encountered a problem with my 2019 F-150. The display in the instrument cluster that tells you what gear the transmission is in quit working. Probably not a big deal/easy fix but very frustrating considering the truck is only 2 months old with a little over 1100 miles on it! Made an appointment with the dealer but have to wait 2 weeks to take it in! I hope that is not a bad omen!

DonT

Well, I have encountered a problem with my 2019 F-150. The display in the instrument cluster that tells you what gear the transmission is in quit working.

Wabbit, the gear display on my 2016 F-150 can be turned on or off.  Hit the + button on the manual shift switch on the shifter arm. 

Enjoy your truck. 

WI Outdoor Nut

Well, I have encountered a problem with my 2019 F-150. The display in the instrument cluster that tells you what gear the transmission is in quit working. Probably not a big deal/easy fix but very frustrating considering the truck is only 2 months old with a little over 1100 miles on it! Made an appointment with the dealer but have to wait 2 weeks to take it in! I hope that is not a bad omen!

My guess is like Don't - you have turned it off by accident.  Hit the + or - button and I bet it shows up again.  Why someone would want that off is strange to me.

Jim Vander

Nephew has one , we did a 8 hour run on 95 got right at 24 MPG and his foot was pretty in it. I was impressed. I don't think i could get used to the engine shut down at lights though.

dogrunner
2 minutes ago, Jim Vander said:

Nephew has one , we did a 8 hour run on 95 got right at 24 MPG and his foot was pretty in it. I was impressed. I don't think i could get used to the engine shut down at lights though.

Just push the button and it don’t shutdown. Till the next time you start it. Then push it again.