REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
WABBIT-SLAYER

2018 Ford F-150 2.7L Turbo V-6

WABBIT-SLAYER
17 hours ago, WI Outdoor Nut said:

My guess is like Don't - you have turned it off by accident.  Hit the + or - button and I bet it shows up again.  Why someone would want that off is strange to me.

Thanks, I will try that and hopefully it will work!

WABBIT-SLAYER
21 hours ago, DonT said:

Wabbit, the gear display on my 2016 F-150 can be turned on or off.  Hit the + button on the manual shift switch on the shifter arm. 

Enjoy your truck. 

21 hours ago, WI Outdoor Nut said:

My guess is like Don't - you have turned it off by accident.  Hit the + or - button and I bet it shows up again.  Why someone would want that off is strange to me.

It worked! Thanks guys!

CptSydor

I thought I went crazy. I have a 2014 F150, and I swear when I first got it, I could see what gear (which I paid attention to when I was towing by trailer, mainly for curiosity). Then it went away, I figured I was just remembering my Escape I had before that and I never could see it on my F150.

chilly460

Figured I'd update as my 2017 has 18k on it.  So far so good, no issues.  I just towed my 63 Mercury from Richmond, VA to Beaver Springs, PA and averaged 14.5mpg towing at 70mph.  Not too bad as the car/trailer plus winch is around 6300lbs.  The little 2.7l Ecoboost continues to impress, combined with the 6spd auto it's the best all around tow rig I've owned, it shifts down to 5th gear on grades and runs quiet with good power at 2500rpm, easy as can be.  

WI Outdoor Nut
On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 2:43 PM, chilly460 said:

Figured I'd update as my 2017 has 18k on it.  So far so good, no issues.  I just towed my 63 Mercury from Richmond, VA to Beaver Springs, PA and averaged 14.5mpg towing at 70mph.  Not too bad as the car/trailer plus winch is around 6300lbs.  The little 2.7l Ecoboost continues to impress, combined with the 6spd auto it's the best all around tow rig I've owned, it shifts down to 5th gear on grades and runs quiet with good power at 2500rpm, easy as can be.  

Great to hear.  To me, it seems the 2.7 would be too small to pull that type of load, but here you are stating it did a fine job.  The last time I weighed my trailer pulling my tractor I was at 5900#'s, while still hooked up to my truck.  So should have been well over 6K.  I notice the weight back there, but my truck with the 3.6 turbo did a fine job pulling it.  Fuel was a bit less than yours at 12.8 mpg.