• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Swampy 16

• jeff88

• topdog1961

• Spin1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A couple years ago somebody on here recommended Darn Tough Socks, so I bit the bullet and bought a pair.  Best money I have spent on a sock (and I have tried several different merino wool socks).

I can’t wear anything but wool anymore. Even in my work boots in the middle of the summer. Nothing breathes like wool. Cool in the heat, warm in the cold. It’s natures original performance fabric.

I need to replace a couple pairs of Cabela's socks. I think I need to check out the Darn Tough brand.

Posted Images

I found a pretty good deal on Kenetrek socks, they are 65% merino wool. Buy 6 pair, get 3 pair free. go to kenetrek site and use promo code ELK13. I just received 9 pair yesterday, be putting them to use soon.

French Brittany28

I use toe Carhart comfort top? Boot socks. Have for years. Last a long time  and I need loose or larger at te top.  Other socks band so tight at the top my leg n it looks like its worn a corset all day. 

On 11/16/2020 at 7:19 AM, bkelble said:

Farm to Feet socks have become a favorite of mine, and have become my go-to socks.  They are made down the road from me and are top quality.

https://www.farmtofeet.com/

I just ordered a few pair, hope there good. 

On 11/26/2020 at 8:20 AM, EB&Me said:

I found a pretty good deal on Kenetrek socks, they are 65% merino wool. Buy 6 pair, get 3 pair free. go to kenetrek site and use promo code ELK13. I just received 9 pair yesterday, be putting them to use soon.

Thanks for this head's up. Ordered up 9 pairs with the deal.

On 11/12/2020 at 8:47 AM, Dave Erickson said:

I'm in the same boat. I've been wearing Cabela's mid-weight socks for years, but have been getting blisters and it's time for something a little better. What model of the Darn Tough socks did you get?

I've been wearing the Darn tough socks like 6 years now everyday and thats all I own.  I started out with their mid calf standard issue crew and then switched to their over the calf westerner sock when they became available about 4 years ago.  Both of those socks are the thickness of regular everyday cotton socks. I choose that basic thickness so no matter what season or what shoe/boot i wear I don't need to have multiple thickness socks to match multiple sizes of foot wear. Basically keep it simple.

I also wear the Darn tough wool ankle socks when I'm wearing shoes in the summer.

Darn Tough warranty is great and easy to use. The first 2 pairs I bought I wore everyday for about 2 years and they were getting thin in a couple spots and I had  snag in one so sent both pairs back. Rather than replace them they give you the full amount in credit to put towards whatever sock they offer. 

Dave Erickson

Thanks to this thread I ended up buying 3 pair of Darn Tough socks. Very nice! One pair were the Hunter over-the-calf full cushion model. I wore them during our gun deer season in a pair of uninsulated Meindl Denali's and perhaps the boots deserve a little of the credit, but my feet never got cold. I'm wearing a pair of the Hiker and Hunter mid cushion socks in the same boots for late season pheasant. I think my feet have been officially spoiled now. With the lifetime replacement deal how can you go wrong? 

On 11/28/2020 at 7:46 AM, Sheldrake said:

Damn! Five pages of socks discussion? I'm startin' to wonder about you guys...........

Oh, the words of a UJ newbie.  Go read all of the threads on bird vests and then report back.

Heck, there were far more than 5 pages of digital ink spilled on the correct color of buttons on blaze orange shirts around these parts back in the day.

1 hour ago, Dave Quindt said:

Oh, the words of a UJ newbie.  Go read all of the threads on bird vests and then report back.

Heck, there were far more than 5 pages of digital ink spilled on the correct color of buttons on blaze orange shirts around these parts back in the day.

Thanks, but I'll pass............