REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
DAG

New! (to me) 2012 Tundra

DAG
23 minutes ago, River19 said:

DAG - I am sure there will be 997 opinions on this but......I have used both crates under a cap and dogs in the back seat with and without crates.  All work, all have advantages and disadvantages.   Weather, temps and security are the things I base my decision on. 

Now that I hunt out of my GX470 crates in the back for 2 and if I have my 3rd with me.....back seat with a harness on a Mud River seat cover.

So is it a bad idea to have the crate ratcheted down in the back with him in there? 

River19
29 minutes ago, DAG said:

So is it a bad idea to have the crate ratcheted down in the back with him in there? 

Plenty of people do it.  I've never done but that is just because I have always had caps and for security reasons as I usually had multiple dogs with me and ran one at a time.

But it may work great for you.

DAG
1 hour ago, River19 said:

Plenty of people do it.  I've never done but that is just because I have always had caps and for security reasons as I usually had multiple dogs with me and ran one at a time.

But it may work great for you.

Yeah, I don’t love the idea but until I get a cap whenever I have people in there I’ll hve to. Thanks for all your help. If the Tundra is half as great as my GX was it should be pretty fun. 

topdog1961

When u say "all the other fluids" does that include brake and PS fluids?  I like to change these no later than 100k regardless of what the manual says. And of course check the brake pads. Don't overlook the cosmetics. Claying the paint is a great way to restore the surface, followed by a good hand Meguires cleaner wax application. 

I also like a little portable AC compressor I just picked up. 19lbs and it takes up no room. Only 1.2 gallon tank but a powerful compressor that pumps to it 135lbs in 20 seconds or so. It's going on all my hunting trips on the future, in addition to the small DC compressor I have tucked under the seat for dire emergencies. Those and a plug kit and I can take care of most tire problems without taking one off. 

topdog1961

I must have jinxed myself with the posting about tire problems yesterday. On the way to work this morning the TPS sensor came on and the left rear tire was low. I topped it off with the little AC compressor and made it to work. I just checked and topped it off again. Looks like I'm loosing 15psi in about 3 hours.  I can't see an obvious reason like a screw sticking out.  The parking lot is a sloppy mess with 3 inches of snow now turning to rain, so I'll likely fIll it up at quitting time and drive to a tire shop instead of pursuing a DIY repair. Between the gas station I worked at as a teen, and my own vehicles, I've plugged hundreds of tires with no issues. Just glad I have that little compressor with me. 

DAG
On 2/19/2019 at 5:44 PM, topdog1961 said:

When u say "all the other fluids" does that include brake and PS fluids?  I like to change these no later than 100k regardless of what the manual says. And of course check the brake pads. Don't overlook the cosmetics. Claying the paint is a great way to restore the surface, followed by a good hand Meguires cleaner wax application. 

So far I haven't had time to do anything except drive it back and forth to work. I would like to get some AT tires sooner then later. It has brand new Michelin defenders on it now but they are not the best in the snow. Gas mileage hasn't been terrible and not having to put premium gas in it has been nice.