jackh

2018 Subaru Forester - Hunting Vehicle

rideold
3 minutes ago, Swampy 16 said:

What are your thoughts on the Big O A/T’s? Are they pretty quiet? Mud? I’ve always bought BFG A/T’s because they’re just AWESOME tires. But, on a Subie? 

I had terrible luck with the Big O A/T's on my Sequoia.  They seemed to wear out far too quickly.  Better luck now with the General Grabber AT2 tires.  Just my experience.  Seems like others have had better luck with the Big O.

Windrider
53 minutes ago, rideold said:

I had terrible luck with the Big O A/T's on my Sequoia.  They seemed to wear out far too quickly.  Better luck now with the General Grabber AT2 tires.  Just my experience.  Seems like others have had better luck with the Big O.

Seems like BFG ATs would be awesome on a Forester.

Anything but sticky clay or black ice and you’d be unstoppable.

River19
19 hours ago, rideold said:

I had used Nittos previously before General and then swapped over to Generals on our vehicles.  AT2s on the Tundra got me ~55-60K miles and still had some tread left but couldn't say no t some new Dynapros this winter  for that truck for my wife.  I have AT2s on the GX470 s well right before they switched ot he ATX.  My Ram 2500 is on General X3s and our studded winter tires for the GX are also General.......wear like iron compared to others, solid tread patterns, smooth on a lot of highway use and reasonably priced.  I wonder what they have in the "small SUV" size.......never looked....