REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
MUSTANGER7

WHAT DO YOU THINK? AM I SMOKIN MY SOCKS

settem

I wouldn’t rule out an XJ Cherokee. 

Pretty much the same drivetrain, but you have way more room inside. They get great mileage and

really shine off-road. 

There is still a few left out there that have a lot of life left in them. 

MUSTANGER7
On 3/7/2019 at 1:16 PM, OldSarge said:

Are you looking for street legal or just bush buggy? I really liked my Willy’s Wheeler but a side by side UTV is more capable off road. Hard to beat an old Jeep with a little lift and fat tires for cool factor though. 

will have to be street legal, as I will also tow the boat

bobman

XJ Cherokees  go for little money down here at the impound auction sometimes like $300.00 I’ve been tempted to buy several and make one good one 

I went there with a friend of mine that buys pickups and was amazed at how cheap the jeeps went for and they started them up, have no idea what might need replacing but at that cheap of a starting point

I start going again this summer and see if that day was a fluke or if they are always cheap

they don’t rust here either

Chukarman
16 hours ago, bobman said:

XJ Cherokees  go for little money down here at the impound auction sometimes like $300.00 I’ve been tempted to buy several and make one good one 

I went there with a friend of mine that buys pickups and was amazed at how cheap the jeeps went for and they started them up, have no idea what might need replacing but at that cheap of a starting point

I start going again this summer and see if that day was a fluke or if they are always cheap

16 hours ago, bobman said:

What's rust?

jeff88
On 3/7/2019 at 7:12 PM, Chukarman said:

I liked to slightly longer wheelbase of the CJ7 for dog boxes. I have been on a low level search for a clean CJ6 with the Dauntless V6 engine for a couple years. Would like to 'restomod' it for bird hunting.

Here's a nice looking CJ3B restored a bit...

88670179_TanJeep1.thumb.jpg.bb42772fdd28615414fb9eb5834137fb.jpg

Love that license plate!