REGISTERING FOR MEMBERSHIP ON UPLAND JOURNAL Read more... ×
spinfly

Stanley Cup Playoffs

Tom Avent

I will be surprised if either team can stand up at the end. This series seems fairly brutal. It is a great story.....last to first. Go Blues!

jeff88
9 hours ago, RookieEP said:

Was a missed call.  The missed hand pass was ugly as well

Hmmmm, that might not be the case.  Looked to me like a swallowed whistle.  In the "old school" way NHL hockey works, the Broons had a three to one power play ratio so they weren't getting the call.  To the ref, it just wasn't the Broon's turn to have a PP.  To me, this really stinks.  That was a blatant trip.  The refs also didn't call a blatant trip by the Broons along the wall minutes before this one wasn't called.  Why?  It's the 3rd period.

The refs have been terrible all series long.

They still don't make calls for reasons other than the rules, reasons called "It's how we always did it."

The players are bearing the brunt of a corrupt, dumb @$$ reffing system.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gunsrus

NHL replay of the final goal COMPLETELY eliminates the trip ...........hmmmmmm wonder why ?????

erik meade
6 hours ago, gunsrus said:

NHL replay of the final goal COMPLETELY eliminates the trip ...........hmmmmmm wonder why ?????

As a Blues fan, the whole thing stinks. The NHL needs a new attitude.  34 years ago I was a heartbroken, 14 year old Cardinals fan who felt the sting of what many still consider the worst botched call in sports. (At least top 5). Don Denkinger ...I noticed I can go look it up on MLB. They aren’t hiding it. 

I am confident that with the call the Blues would have won that game anyway. But the chance to prove it was taken away. 

gunsrus
3 hours ago, erik meade said:

As a Blues fan, the whole thing stinks. The NHL needs a new attitude.  34 years ago I was a heartbroken, 14 year old Cardinals fan who felt the sting of what many still consider the worst botched call in sports. (At least top 5). Don Denkinger ...I noticed I can go look it up on MLB. They aren’t hiding it. 

I am confident that with the call the Blues would have won that game anyway. But the chance to prove it was taken away. 

Agree .

They should have had at least three more goals earlier . Bruins outshot them but after the first period , we were done . 

MN Tonester

I'm rooting for the Blues, but that call did stink.  Lots of close calls that easily could have gone in for the Blues i.e. the block by the Bruins player when Rask was out of position and of course a couple of pipes that deflected favorably.  I hope it goes 7

jeff88
On 6/7/2019 at 9:43 PM, erik meade said:

Agree.  While we can never really know, the Blues did get out shot by the Broons by a large margin.  38 shots for Boston?  While I blame the refs for bad/no calls, I also blame Binnington for an outstanding game!  

This one is not over yet, Marchand still has a chance to hoist the Cup.  Grrrrr.

gunsrus

First Period it was all the Big Bad Blues . Lots of hits , looked like Bruins of old . Rask once again the Savior . Chara should sit ! Refs still suck !

Welcome to Beantown Hockey Fans !

erik meade

Rask... Off the charts good.

Blues took a stupid, stupid penalty.  Which might have changed the trajectory.  But it doesn’t look like much was going to get past Rask anyway.

Here we go...

RookieEP

Blues so out played tonight.  Then there is game 7.... for all the marbles.  

Ben Hong

Was there a hockey game tonight?

gunsrus
1 hour ago, Ben Hong said:

Was there a hockey game tonight?

I'm calling BS . I picture Ben in his recliner (but not reclined) , both arms clutching the arm rests and slamming his hands down after every Bruin's goal . Tell me I'm wrong !!!!

kgb

How often do the finals go a full 7 games?  Seems like it should be common, with the best teams from two halves of the league facing off.  OTOH, maybe the refs do not suck and it's THEM making sure the season takes a full pull into mid-June.

Barely 3 months to training camp!!!

jeff88
7 hours ago, gunsrus said:

I'm calling BS . I picture Ben in his recliner (but not reclined) , both arms clutching the arm rests and slamming his hands down after every Bruin's goal . Tell me I'm wrong !!!!

You are not wrong!  Ben was pacing like a caged tiger.  That's my take.

jeff88
8 minutes ago, kgb said:

How often do the finals go a full 7 games? 

2011?  Hawks Cup win?