Stanley Cup Playoffs

14 minutes ago, gunsrus said:

Tom , "Underdog" , nobody I know from Beantown thinks that way . Patriots , Red Sox , Bruins of late , never feel like an underdog , I know we're good . Maybe because for years I cheered for not so good teams .

This thread started with no one , I repeat no one giving the Broons a chance . Other than my northern neighbor , Ben , although reluctantly , giving us a chance . We finally made it to the big rink , the last game . Go Bruins !

Add me to the list of not thinking of the Broons at 1st.  Funny how in the NHL teams seem to sneak up on us.  I thought TB and DC were going to the 3rd round.  PSA:  Did I ever mention to not bet on what I think will win?  

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeff88

• Ben Hong

• gunsrus

• erik meade

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have played enough hockey and liked the heavy hitting, even though I wasn't big, to know that if the refs don't do something about cheap shots, late hits, face washing in scrums (gloves hurt like he

Not to nitpick or anything, but the thread is labeled "Stanley Cup Play-offs" NOT NHL fighting debate. Just saying.

My top 10 reasons for why I'm rooting for the Blues:   1 - Am really tired of Boston dominance in sports, who isn't outside of New England? 2 - Marchand is on the Broons 3 - Blues

Honestly , I thought we had a shot but expected TB to go all the way . 

1 hour ago, gunsrus said:

Honestly , I thought we had a shot but expected TB to go all the way . 

Not that I'm smart, but I had an idea the TB would not make it. Watched the Caps for too many times suffer the President's Trophy curse. Had a feeling that the winner between the Leafs and Boston would be the one to get out of the East. It will be interesting to see if the lay-off curse will bite the Bruins. However, it really does not matter if Rask keeps standing on his head. After all, that is the overriding story of the Cup, right? Peak at the right time and ride a hot goalie.

All of my smack about Boston fans comes from living in the Washington area since the mid 80's and becoming a Caps fan shortly after I arrived. Due to it's transient nature, local sports fans have a hard time with teams on the East coast because the numbers are staggering.

West is a three game series , Who's gonna win it ? I'm thinking Blues and that's where the heart lies .  

erik meade

Go Blues.  

Another hat trick. 

Blues need one more win.  If/when that happens, the final will be with 2 "newbie" teams that haven't been in it for a while.   None of the 9 teams from the past five Cup finals will be in the mix since the Broons in 2013, now I call that parity!  If the Sharks make it, then it dates back to 3 years.  

While I'm pulling for the Blues, and that should worry Blues fans everywhere, I'd still like to see Pavelski do well. 

erik meade
2 hours ago, jeff88 said:

since the Broons in 2013

Thinking of Boston and 2013 is not a particularly warm feeling for those of us St. Louis sports fans...

29 minutes ago, erik meade said:

Thinking of Boston and 2013 is not a particularly warm feeling for those of us St. Louis sports fans...

In PGH a long time baseball broadcaster named Bob Prince had a way of coining phrases:  He called the method used to change from a bad experience to a good one "Hidden Vigorish".  In other words, if you lost or something went wrong you were closer to overcoming it as it was your turn.  

Anyway, the Sharks have not been filleted yet.  

erik meade
On 5/20/2019 at 12:03 PM, jeff88 said:

Anyway, the Sharks have not been filleted yet.  

4:03 left...  3 goal lead.  I am confident that for the first time in my lifetime the Blues are going to the cup final.

Gloria!

erik meade
On 4/26/2019 at 2:43 PM, erik meade said:

History should have taught me better.  But I am starting to let myself believe that things might work out this year for the Blues...

Now I am really letting myself believe. 

4 wins to go

erik meade
2 minutes ago, Zoli 16ga. said:

Blues in four.

That would be payback for the 2004 World Series.