• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeff88

• Ben Hong

• gunsrus

• erik meade

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have played enough hockey and liked the heavy hitting, even though I wasn't big, to know that if the refs don't do something about cheap shots, late hits, face washing in scrums (gloves hurt like he

Not to nitpick or anything, but the thread is labeled "Stanley Cup Play-offs" NOT NHL fighting debate. Just saying.

My top 10 reasons for why I'm rooting for the Blues:   1 - Am really tired of Boston dominance in sports, who isn't outside of New England? 2 - Marchand is on the Broons 3 - Blues

I'm not sure who the underdog is, but it should be a heck of a series. Both Rask and Binnington have been outstanding, and should be quite a show. I'm rooting for the Blues though.

Go Blues!

At least it can be back to back 1st time winners. Also, Berube is a Cap.

Just remember 1970 Bobby Orr flying through the air scoring the winning goal .......against the Blues . Can't believe that was almost 50 years ago . 

20 minutes ago, gunsrus said:

Just remember 1970 Bobby Orr flying through the air scoring the winning goal .......against the Blues . Can't believe that was almost 50 years ago . 

HA! on FB a friend of mine from Boston just posted that photo. He and I also enjoy friendly banter about the state of Boston fans and sports. He pointed out that if it were not for the lack of a NBA franchise, Pittsburgh could be considered a better sports town than Boston. After I got back from puking, I decided that I will give Boston fans some slack. It could be worse.

38 minutes ago, gunsrus said:

This is old school hockey. 

F66FCA57-2F28-4A6A-84EE-BF72B7683AFF.jpeg

10 hours ago, kgb said:

Which is the underdog team in the finals?

Blues, Broons have home ice.  

My top 10 reasons for why I'm rooting for the Blues:

1 - Am really tired of Boston dominance in sports, who isn't outside of New England?

2 - Marchand is on the Broons

3 - Blues are the Newbies, spread the wealth!

4 - Not a fan of Marchand

5 - It's a "flyover" team, not a fan of the coastal sports team elites

6 - I can't stand Marchand's antics and dirty playing

7 - Blues have some ex-Pens on the team that I liked when they were in the 'Burgh

8 - Marchand is a dirty, rotten scoundrel

9 - Blues had a heroic season, they came from last place in the NHL all to the way to vie for the best trophy in Pro sports!  What a story!

10 - Did I mention I can't root for a team that employs Marchand?

8 minutes ago, jeff88 said:

My top 10 reasons for why I'm rooting for the Blues:

1 - Am really tired of Boston dominance in sports, who isn't outside of New England? 

2 - Marchand is on the Broons

3 - Blues are the Newbies, spread the wealth!

4 - Not a fan of Marchand

5 - It's a "flyover" team, not a fan of the coastal sports team elites

6 - I can't stand Marchand's antics and dirty playing 

7 - Blues have some ex-Pens on the team that I liked when they were in the 'Burgh

8 - Marchand is a dirty, rotten scoundrel 

9 - Blues had a heroic season, they came from last place in the NHL all to the way to vie for the best trophy in Pro sports!  What a story!

10 - Did I mention I can't root for a team that employs Marchand?

The only thing I'd do to improve this post is start at #1 with the Marchand references.

3 hours ago, gunsrus said:

This may be the most distressing post I've ever read because I recall this pretty clearly.  Why Al, why did you post the "years ago" part?  Why???!!!!

1 hour ago, Reeba said:

I'm impressed with coach Craig Berube

Am impressed with both coaches and also the style their teams play.  Not easy to keep your team in tight formation through the many series they play, both these guys do a good job keeping their teams doing what they want them to do.  (Pens were a bad example this year. the went off script way too much.)  No panic from either squad when it looked iffy, evidence of another good coaching characteristic.  The hand pass by the Sharks may have derailed a lot of teams, C Berube made sure his guys saw it as a reason to get going even more.  Sure did work.

erik meade
8 hours ago, gunsrus said:

Before I was born.  Growing up the Blues were always in the playoffs and never winning. 25 consecutive seasons in the post-season and never even in the finals. 

They were also  always at risk of folding or moving.