Highway Driving Rant

So, everyone on the freeway has the responsibility to always beware of some turd going 90mph, and to make sure to get out of their way?  I disagree, if you want to drive like an ass then you can drive around the traffic presented in front of you, your already driving like a tard, why should anyone make evasive maneuvers to get out of your way?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeff88

• kgb

• mccuha

• WI Outdoor Nut

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who made you king of the road?     Common courtesy dictates take a few seconds to let the faster driver pass! 

I hate people who consider themselves the "traffic cop" and drive slow in the left lane . I drive fast and always pull to the right if someone wants to go faster . Let em go !!!

I was thinking about this yesterday as I made a trek back from gulf shores in one day, 1,118 miles in 17 hours straight through.  I will admit on trips like this, I drive fast.  But people simply don'

Posted Images

If you aren’t passing you should be in the right lane, it’s simply courtesy.

That “turd”could be rushing a family member to an emergency room.

Agreed, doesn’t matter how fast someone is going, they should be in right lane until passing.  It’s odd, as my father has aged he’s slowed down, he still drives well but will take the attitude that since he’s doing 72mph in a 65 he shouldn’t have to move for anyone.  We disagree on this so I do most of the driving now.  I guess I may be in the minority, but as long as people aren’t cutting me off and driving erratically, I really don’t care if they drive 90mph.  

WhatsDaPoint

Common courtesy. Cruise in right lane, left for passing. 

People who think they are entitled to the left lane are simply selfish. 

When i travel I hope to get on the interstate, set my cruise at 79-80 and not touch the brakes until I exit. I signal all lane changes and avoid the use of brakes by looking ahead and planning. 

Its the ‘king of the road’ types who refuse to leave the left lane that are the most maddening. 

It takes less than 5 seconds to let someone by. But they are willing to slow traffic for MILES due to some form of entitlement to the left lane. 

PS hope the use of ‘tard’ Was a typo for ‘turd’. Otherwise that ain’t cool. 

2 minutes ago, WhatsDaPoint said:

When i travel I hope to get on the interstate, set my cruise at 79-80 and not touch the brakes until I exit. I signal all lane changes and avoid the use of brakes by looking ahead and planning. 

Its the ‘king of the road’ types who refuse to leave the left lane that are the most maddening. 

It takes less than 5 seconds to let someone by. But they are willing to slow traffic for MILES due to some form of entitlement to the left lane. 

Agreed... On all counts!

19 hours ago, WhatsDaPoint said:

Excellent on all counts.  ^

Highly selfish drivers are stuck in the mindset that driving is their right and entitlement.  That could not be more wrong.  Driving in every state is a privilege, no one is entitled.  You pay license, registration and proof of insurance fees yet you are still not constitutionally protected.  Too many believe they are.  When I wrote earlier in this thread that the States should tax the living hell out of poor drivers and channel the funds back to infrastructure and enforcement it comes from a belief that far too many on the road don't know they are a guest, not an owner.  They will not change on their own, in fact, they set very poor example for others.  Having spent a good bit of time with the practice of Management of Change there are many things that can be done to make our highways safer and more enjoyable and it starts with proper governance along with policy.  We have the laws (Policy), they need to be enforced (Governance).  To simplify this concept with our clients, I often cite on a slide the speed limit sign is policy, a picture of a State Trooper car next to the sign is governance.  If only it worked as well in reality as it does with our customers.

While we re on the subject of driving.  One of my biggest pet peeves is people not using turning signals. They might as well make cars without them anymore.  You want to really steam me. Turn in front of me in a turning lane and as you’re in the process of making the turn then put on the blinker.  Da dumb A   I know you’re turning by then.  The police are oblivious to Poeple not using them either.  If I was a cop I’d be having to work OT righting all theses idiots tickets.  

WI Outdoor Nut
4 minutes ago, mccuha said:

While we re on the subject of driving.  One of my biggest pet peeves is people not using turning signals. They might as well make cars without them anymore.  You want to really steam me. Turn in front of me in a turning lane and as you’re in the process of making the turn then put on the blinker.  Da dumb A   I know you’re turning by then.  The police are oblivious to Poeple not using them either.  If I was a cop I’d be having to work OT righting all theses idiots tickets.  

most of those situation I bet they are out of blinker fluid.  I don't know for sure, but an educated guess.  Right now on Amazon you can get an 8 oz bottle, good for 6,000 blinks, for $6.95.  With such a low cost, you would think all cars would have enough fluid.  Frustrating for sure.

https://www.amazon.com/Blinker-Fluid-HAND-VERSION-Hilarious-Gift-Stocking-Stuffer-Car/dp/B06ZXSKDZG/ref=asc_df_B06ZXSKDZG/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312094682607&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=567311725261269170&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9018675&hvtargid=pla-571335739177&psc=1

Greg Hartman
On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 7:17 PM, quailguy said:

Nice wheels, Greg. Do you still have the Mazda?? Kinda the perfect car the tool around here in the warm weather.   

Thanks, Rick!

Yeah, I still have it.  It's the perfect old man's car.  With the suspension, brake and other mods and the gumball tires, it will REALLY handle, but you don't need to run at triple digits to have fun.  Plus, it sounds good with the cold air intake, headers, pipes, etc.

I am frankly surprised at how OLD and grumpy many here seem to be (regardless of their actual age).  Maybe some were never actually yo9ung?

My grandson, TJ, said to me the other day when talking about crashing his electrically powered bicycle and breaking the second bike helmet in as many weeks: "Paw-Paw, goin' fast just makes me feel GOOD.  I don't know why, it just does!"  My daughter scowled at me while laughing - no doubt blaming me for TJ's genes - probably correctly.

Going fast makes me feel GOOD, too.  I don't drive fast to save time or to get somewhere before someone else.  I drive fast (yes... under safe conditions; in a vehicle built just for this; and without engaging in any anti-social behavior such as whipping in and out of traffic, following too close, etc) because I like it.  I've always been an adrenaline junkie and, even though you'd think that would have disappeared long before reaching 72 years of age, it hasn't.  Heel-and-toeing a quick, open two-seater around a tight course, is great fun for me. I find it thrilling to hang it all out there relying only on one's personal skill to make it through (but note that I never endanger anyone but myself).

WI Outdoor Nut
13 minutes ago, Greg Hartman said:

Thanks, Rick!

Yeah, I still have it.  It's the perfect old man's car.  With the suspension, brake and other mods and the gumball tires, it will REALLY handle, but you don't need to run at triple digits to have fun.  Plus, it sounds good with the cold air intake, headers, pipes, etc.

I am frankly surprised at how OLD and grumpy many here seem to be (regardless of their actual age).  Maybe some were never actually yo9ung?

My grandson, TJ, said to me the other day when talking about crashing his electrically powered bicycle and breaking the second bike helmet in as many weeks: "Paw-Paw, goin' fast just makes me feel GOOD.  I don't know why, it just does!"  My daughter scowled at me while laughing - no doubt blaming me for TJ's genes - probably correctly.

Going fast makes me feel GOOD, too.  I don't drive fast to save time or to get somewhere before someone else.  I drive fast (yes... under safe conditions; in a vehicle built just for this; and without engaging in any anti-social behavior such as whipping in and out of traffic, following too close, etc) because I like it.  I've always been an adrenaline junkie and, even though you'd think that would have disappeared long before reaching 72 years of age, it hasn't.  Heel-and-toeing a quick, open two-seater around a tight course, is great fun for me. I find it thrilling to hang it all out there relying only on one's personal skill to make it through (but note that I never endanger anyone but myself).

Love it Greg - and know the feeling.  We own 3 vehicles, F150, Honda Pilot and Toyota Avalon.  The only one even remotely fun to drive is the Avalon - almost too much power as the wheels break free easily, but it really is just a fast family sedan.  But, I love going fast and always pushing the limits on my snowmobiles.  Either boondocking in the back country or flying down fast sweeping turns and hitting triple digits when one can.  The faster I go, the sooner I am done riding, right?  Never in a rush to get somewhere, but always want to push the limits.  It is just the thrill!

On 4/20/2019 at 7:17 PM, quailguy said:

Nice wheels, Greg. Do you still have the Mazda?? Kinda the perfect car the tool around here in the warm weather.   

Good lookin' dogs, good lookin' cars...chick magnets....that's all you need.

I love motorcycles the acceleration is a drug I crave. I’ve had fast cars but nothing close to the motorcycles I’ve owned.

I believe I have the answer to the left lane problem...this may be somewhat anecdotal, but it seems to me those going slowly in the left lane are old geezers.

I propose we pull the drivers' licenses for anyone 65 or older and.....ummmm, never mind.

On 4/25/2019 at 1:53 PM, wijager said:

So, everyone on the freeway has the responsibility to always beware of some turd going 90mph, and to make sure to get out of their way?  I disagree, if you want to drive like an ass then you can drive around the traffic presented in front of you, your already driving like a tard, why should anyone make evasive maneuvers to get out of your way?

I guess you've been on the other end of the middle finger a few too many times . Live and Learn !