blanked

Tesla popularity.

blanked

How often do you see a tesla

in Houston maybe 2 or 3 a week at most

Flush

2 or 3 a day. Maybe more.

See similar, possibly more Nissan Leafs.

near Boulder, CO

quailguy

In Austin, 3 to 5 a day;  San Antonio 2-3 a week, here in NE PA I think I’ve seen two in 18 months. My best friend and room mate from UT Austin has a Tesla and imho it’s a very nice car. Fast as a cat with its tail on fire.   Instead of going to the dealer and paying $400-500 for a minor engine update, his Tesla gets a software update for free overnight.  It’s his second Tesla fwiw, sold his original and bought the SUV.   

Brad Eden

Rural mid-Maine. Never. 

garyRI

In Rhode Island often

Felix
7 minutes ago, Brad Eden said:

Rural mid-Maine. Never. 

Do you have electricity there for charging?  Could be a reason you're not seeing any.

Kansas Bound

I am seeing more and more.  At first I thought they were ridiculous and never considered one.  Once I had an open mind the concept is becoming more appealing. 

mccuha

I've never seen one ever.  I've never seen a charging station anywhere also so that may explain the lack of electric cars. 

The agency I work for works with people with disabilities and finds contract work for them to do.  One of our centers does some work for a company that sells parts to Tesla.  That's about as close as ive come to seeing one in person.

Flush

Now that I'm paying attention, I think my estimate was low.

I just ran to lunch and saw 4 Teslas (two model S', one model 3, and one SUV thing) and one Leaf just driving around for lunch.

Clueless1

One or two a week.  There's one in my neighborhood and I'm in a small town, probably the same one every time. 

jeff88

See them all the time around here.  My company has a garage with chargers, there are lines of Teslas.  Believe we will be seeing a lot more all electric rides coming down the pike.  Volvo, Audi and BMW won't sit still with Tesla taking all the market share on the high end.  Nissan is already cutting into their sales.  I can easily foresee an "around town" all electric ride in our future along with a gasoline engine utility vehicle of some sort for long trips and as a 2nd car.  

rideold
10 minutes ago, Flush said:

Now that I'm paying attention, I think my estimate was low.

I just ran to lunch and saw 4 Teslas (two model S', one model 3, and one SUV thing) and one Leaf just driving around for lunch.

Yep.  I'm near where you are and it is more of an hourly sighting rather than a daily.  Lady I work with bought one of the "budget" ones late last year. Pretty neat ride and my office has dedicated parking for electric with free charging ports.  One guy I work with drives a leaf and he charges it at work and makes it through the week never plugging it in at home!  Quite a perk!

browndrake

I've only seen a couple. There are none in this valley and only a few down south. 

A colleague of mine has one.  I rode in it once.  It was the quickest accelerating car I've ever been in. Other than that I was very underwhelmed by it. Felt like I was sitting in a typical Japanese import. It was nice but did not seem worth price they charge.

Brad Eden
1 hour ago, Felix said:

Do you have electricity there for charging?  Could be a reason you're not seeing any.

We hardly have working gas pumps at corner mom and pops. There are charging stations behind a Ruby Tuesday restaurant in Brewer, Maine that's about 1/2 hr drive from me, but I've never seen a car charging. I web searched and there are 24 charging stations scattered about Maine. I dont travel that much but I've never seen a Tesla on the road around where I live.

Bloodhound

I am in the South Denver metro area and it is normal to se 3 or 4 on each commute so that is 6 to 8 a day...nothing like Toyotas or some others, but moving up on Volvos and Land Rovers