Laurel Mountain Llewellins

Mike Connally

I just got word yesterday that Laurel Mountain Llewellins is closing and offering all of their dogs for adoption. They require the adopter to neuter/spay and pay a grooming fee.

29 dogs. 

I’ve notified a setter rescue group. 

Evidently the owner moved to West Virginia and realized she isn’t allowed to breed there and she has no place to exercise her dogs. Also it seems the climate doesn’t agree with her. 

Sad situation all around. 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mike Connally

• phonefly

• canvasback

• salmontogue

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Of course they are. And good thing it's happening elsewhere. That's what people do on many OTHER Discussion Forums and social media venues. I dont let anybody get tarred and feathered on UJ, "even if

I moved one of her dogs today.  All of the dogs have been rescued by ABESR.   

Posted Images

fourtrax57

Lot of PRECONDITIONS for someone needing to rehome 29 dogs!

Mike Connally

Yep. Sad all around. 

And she will only take written communication. 

I’m guessing a rescue group will be needed eventually. 

canvasback

I may be able to re-home two dogs. Have sent her an email. We'll see what happens.

How do I contact her?

I don't see an address or an email.

ESetterSage

Wish I lived closer I'd snag one of those guys. Hope they all find good homes sad story.

Mike Connally
9 hours ago, phonefly said:

How do I contact her?

I don't see an address or an email.

No address listed anywhere. And she says she will only respond to written letters. 

I have contacted Above and Beyond English Setter Rescue. They tried to contact her and got no response. 

Strange situation. We need Paul Harvey for the rest of the story.

29 dogs seems like a lot for most responsible operations. Too many dogs to train and keep on birds.

Almost sounds like a *#$@ mill.

What is so different from WV to UP. 

Grooming fee, Vetting fee? Why all the stipulations if your are looking for the best for the dogs.

Sounds like the kennels are in shambles, hence only written conversations, and (grooming fee).

Hope its not so and I wish for a good outcome from this.

If I didn’t have my two I would consider one of theirs.

Again setter mojo to all involved.

CheckCord

That information was cut/pasted to alot of channels and the links to contact the breeder got erased in the process.  If you go to the website there is links to email her.  

Having followed this situation for 2ish years, it appears that her personal life went off the rails and the result is a lost home and a demolished business. 

Its a shame because she was producing good dogs.  I've hunted behind a number of Laurel Mountain Lewellins and the dogs hunt. 

I know a few people who have emailed her, we will see what the result is.  I personally don't think her requests for the adopter to cover the cost of grooming and spay/neuter was out of the ordinary, she even stated you can pay the service provider directly so no money actually has to pass though her if you prefer. That being said, I know everyone's financial situation is different.    

canvasback

I'm still waiting as well. Emailed her the day this thread was started, May 3rd.

salmontogue

I know Michelle and spoke with her at great length over the past several days.  She is in the process of making some major changes in her life.  She is moving her photography studio and, most likely, her kennels.  A complicating factor has been the contraction of an allergy that makes hot climates inhospitable to her health and well-being.

Michelle is a true dog lady and an accomplisher breeder in addition to being charming and very savvy.  Her plans are to reduce her dog numbers by at least fifteen immediately and perhaps more when new litters are forthcoming.  I urged her to answer emails and as recent as this morning she said she would get on it.

You can email her through her website Laurel Mountain Llewellins.

If you PM me with a phone number, I will call you to discuss the details.  This is an emotional struggle for her and she asked if I would post here and provide info and answer questions.

salmontogue
6 minutes ago, TonyS said:

Her dogs have the best black color of any Llewellins.

Her dogs are stunning.