$150 Off All Garmin Fenix Series GPS Watches

Dogmountain

Hello Gentlemen,

Cooter Brown:  The current offer is specific to the Garmin Fenix Series watches.  The Instinct will provide great tracking info and alerts but does not have a color screen so you will have to look at names versus color arrows for quick reference.  This could be a deciding factor for those running multi-dog set ups.

NVChukarChaser:  The 5 is larger than the 5S and the Sapphire Editions have a sapphire lens that is more scratch resistant. Case size reference: Fenix 5X (Physical Size 51 x 51 x 17.5 mm), Fenix 5 (Physical Size 47 x 47 x 15.5 mm), 5S (Physical Size 42 x 42 x 15 mm).  Note the 5X includes the more scratch resistant sapphire lens.

2 Ugly Dogs:  The Fenix Series work with the Astro 320.  You will need to update your Astro 320 to the most current software version prior to use by downloading and installing either Garmin WebUpdater or Garmin Express.

gunsrus:  We look forward to helping you with a new 5S.

fullsizeoutput_ed4.jpeg

Spoke with Don today at Front Range Gun Dog . Real nice guy and very informative . I have a Fenix Series 5s on the way . 

The thought of not having to pull the Alpha and instead just look at my wrist will make my hunting birds experience a total pleasure . 

Gun is already in position ,  barrel up , left hand on forearm , twist arm and verify what direction and how many yards . Eyes are always ahead of you . Outstanding !!!  Now if I can just get this knee to cooperate !!!

On 5/18/2019 at 9:21 AM, Dogmountain said:

2 Ugly Dogs:  The Fenix Series work with the Astro 320.  You will need to update your Astro 320 to the most current software version prior to use by downloading and installing either Garmin WebUpdater or Garmin Express.

Well, looks like I'm finally getting a smart watch! 

• 2 weeks later...

Dogmountain,

When paired with a 550 plus, will the watch give direction to all three dogs at once or only the dog that the handheld is toggled to?  Thanks

Dogmountain

Hi Birdy,

The 550 plus works with up to 3 dogs.  As long as the handheld is linked to the watch you will be able to see each dog's location at once on this screen.  This is the screen for the Instinct (on sale $249.99).  The Fenix issimilar but is  a color screen and so you can match the compass arrow to the collar color.

71FovIRMFoL._SL1500_.jpg

On 6/11/2019 at 6:18 PM, blanked said:

I sure like my instinct.  If color code is the difference that’s nothing

I'm not an expert, but there's a lot more to the differences than just the screen. 

Probably not differences that a lot of people care much about though. 

That said, I got a Fenix 5... Partially because I think the Instinct is kinda ugly, and I was curious about the potential of the Fenix series. 

BIRDDOG 307

Wish I would have seen this sale earlier as it looks like it would save time. Can the watch be paired up to collars on my 550+ and 430 at the same time or do you pair up each time you use different units?

Birddog 307